Lightning

what a night

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002 | 12:36 AM
|
what a night

I get off work, install finally my blueish tinted only 65 watt bulbs which i love, then i wash the truck, clean the truck, polish the truck, and wax the truck with mcguires products,,, black magic on my toyo proxies and chrome polish on my 20 inch replicas, polish on my bassani tips,,, takes a good 3 hours or hard work but more then worth it.

I then decide to go cruising around as i dont have to work till later tomorrow and i wanted to show off my hard work. I met a very nice person at 7-11 who loved my truck and had a very nice truck of his own (non L but still good) wanted to buy him his stuff but didn't have enough in my wallet,, go figure. Everyone seems to look at the truck though a whole lot more when its all cleaned up,,,, just makes it look sooo sooo smooth. I drive down biddle and some guy in a beat up old grand marquis starts playing games with me, slows down for me then floors it. I pull up at a light next to him and he just says he wants to hear it,,, he is way impressed when he gets a load of a high rev of my bassani,, which felt great.

Then the bad part,,, i come to notice that my lovely new Alpine r type 5x7 i have in the front has blown,,, making a loud knocking noise only even when the speaker volume is turned way down ( if this is not a blown speaker,, please give me some info on it,, i hope the car tunes will let me swap it for a new one like they usually do when things go wrong) Then i go to get on the freeway and decide to give it some gas to get up to spead and whooooaaaa !!!!!!,, the truck goes to shift as its in its normal gear, and all the sudden just looses all spead and exhaust sounds almost like a backfire,,, just an ugly noise from the exhaust, and i jerk back forward in my seat from the lack of spead with the shift. This scared the crap out of me,,, it could be i just hit the rev limiter ( shouldn't happen,,, hardly any engine mods,, just filter kit) but still, whoa does that make you think you just lost your tranny. I then just want to go home since i no longer can listen to the radio or cd's without my speaker knocking,, on my way home on goddard road there is an opposum that i see at the last second,,,, i hardly swerve to avoid him, i'm just lucky i missed him,,, i would have had to spend anouther 3 hours tomorrow pealing off the guts. Anyways, home now,, pulled my speaker out to take it to the shop tomorrow, and a good/bad night all in one.

Sorry to make the post so long, just venting

If anyone can help/verify any of this, please let me know i would apreciate your wisdom.

~Toast

Old 04-16-2002 | 12:45 AM
wow, what a night, and i was pissed that I had to drive my truck to school today (Macomb South Campus)

Old 04-16-2002 | 04:54 AM
Sounds like a Ground Loop. Does your speaker make a buzzing sound that gets louder as you press the gas? If so...relocate your ground wire...make sure you scrub (wire brush) the chassi/metal to get a good solid connection. Is it only coming out of one speaker or all? If only one..then disregard this message...sounds like a faulty speaker which could be returned as a manufactured defect under warranty. Doesnt sound like you blew it..unless you had the volume turned up to make your ears bleed. Look closely to the rubber surrounding the cone...if it's cracked or has a hole and sounds like it's rattling...it's blown. Hope this helps

Last edited by BlowM3; 04-16-2002 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2002 | 07:36 AM
Where are you located Toast. I would like to see your truck. I am close to you by the sounds of it (Taylor). Right now, I am still completely stock, but looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2002 | 09:06 AM
|
motownblown01,
I'm right over here in allen park and run my store "Big Apple Bagels" on Southfield road,,, also the one on West road. I would be more then happy to show you the truck and see what ideas you have as well. Let me know, or if you seee my silver 01 by either store and we dont look so busy, stop on in and say hi.

~Toast

ps,,, its just one speaker,, going to car tunes today to get it swapped Thanks for the input though.

Old 04-16-2002 | 12:25 PM
Toast did you order the lights from the online store like I mentioned or did you get them somewhere else......either way I know you will be happy with the reduced wattage, and so will your harness

--Joe

Old 04-16-2002 | 02:41 PM
Ill be going up to Michigan late this week. Fri, Sat and Sun. Cadillac I think. Anyone close?

Quick Reply: what a night