Lightning

Zaino.... ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino.... ???

Another of my dumb questions about waxing, etc...
Does Zaino last long? I mean... I hear you should only have to wax your car about twice a year. How often do you have to re-Zaino? I know can apply coat after coat... but do you have to strip first? does it protect well, or is the shine "fragile"?
Thanks

Old 04-16-2002, 01:38 AM
I've got the same question though,, if i was using say mcguires products to clean/polish/wax,,, then i wanted to switch to zaino,, would i need to use some sort of strippper to get the old wax off. wow,, that last sentece could definately be taken in a different context, like,,,,,, why would i need to see a stripper to use zaino products, whats she gonna do, dance for me while i make it all shiney

~toast

Old 04-16-2002, 01:39 AM
Heh... It wouldn't seem so much like a chore...

Old 04-16-2002, 01:48 AM
fast cars and hot girls,,, or is that fast girls and easy cars :P

~Toast

Old 04-16-2002, 02:04 AM
In order to strip the old wax off, all you would have to do is wash the vehicle with Dawn dish soap. Using zaino requires a lot of initial prep work. But it is definitely worth it in the long run. Go to www.zainobros.com in order to get an idea of what needs to be done.

Old 04-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Zaino lasts a long time and is pretty durable. Just don't wash the car in auto car washes; for that matter don't use anything but the Zaino soap on it.

Like someone else said, use dawn to wash the car the FIRST time. At the end of spring I start from ground 0, Dawn, Claybar, Z5, Z2, Z6, Z2, z6. Yes, that's alot of work, but if you want it to be great, you gotta spend some time on it.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:23 AM
For what it is worth I have layered Zaino with some ultra pure carnubal wax. I have a black L and people always are asking about how I wax it. They really freak when I tell them it has been on for almost a year!

Do it once and do it right. Wash really good then claybar the paint. Use 100% american cotton towels; go back and forth instead of circular to help prevent swirl marks.

My real secret.....Porter Cable Random Orbital Buffer. Beats the hell out of those pieces of crap from sears but is more forgiving than a professional rotary buffer.

Old 04-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Zaino is extremely durable. I haven't put a coat of Zaino on my L since November and it still beads water extremely well after many washings. Like everyone is saying though, it is a lot of prep work and Zaino isn't cheap. Never take my truck to a car wash, always do it by hand. But if you want a finish that holds up well and looks great, Zaino is very hard to beat.

Quick Reply: Zaino.... ???