Lightning

Emblem/Acetone Mod [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002 | 04:42 AM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Originally posted by SVT F15O
How do you do it>??? TIA -Mat-
Pure Acetone, cotton *****/pads, q-tips. Took me about 35 minutes (since I was half done with one badge last night). Looks good, and I've gotten lots of compliments(or maybe it is b/c I actually washed my truck!). Going into this, I figured if I didn't like it, I'll just buy new badges for $22 off E-bay!

P.S. don't let the acetone sit on your paint for long periods of time.

Old 04-18-2002 | 06:33 AM
|
When I did mine, I put acouple of heavy coats of wax around the emblem first just to give the paint on the truck a little protection(just in case) But as noted above the acetone does'nt hurt the paint on the truck unless you would let it sit there a long time. The paint coming off the emblem wants to kinda smear a little on the surface of truck paint if you stray off the emblem, but comes right off with the acetone. Just keep cleaning the area around the emblem as you go and wipe up any excess right away. Keep some soapy water handy and keep rinsing as you go. No ill effects to the truck paint...........Slicker than spit on a brass door ****!!!

Old 04-18-2002 | 06:34 AM
|
See my post as well as the others on the similar thread currently running. It's easy, and looks cool!

Quick Reply: Emblem/Acetone Mod [Merged]