Lightning

Car Tunes Service For My L

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002 | 07:41 PM
|
Car Tunes Service For My L

The other day my amp decided to blow a channel on me and i took it back to car tunes where i got it from, They had it fixed for me free of charge for parts or labor ($40 value) and were able to get it back to me the same day. This makes me very very happy to have bought my components from a place i trust. Tom the manager of the store is very knowledgable on stereo equipment and even was able to reccomend ways to fit solobaric 12 inch woofers with a ported box ( cut outs which they have done before and have experience with ) I do not need that much bass so i just went with the jl10w0's and built my own sealed box, but its great to know that more stuff can fit in the cab of these L's then i even knew of. Any stereo problems i've had he has taken care of hands down, even just swapped out blown subs for my friends who had bought from him after my reccomendation( blown subs do happen when they did installation themselves) I can not speak more highly of the value of getting my stereo from a place nearby that i trust. Its great to just go there and get problems taken care of rather then worrying about having to exchange via ups or some other ebay type deal. If any of you in this area are looking for stereo ideas and want great service just go on to car tunes over on Allan Road here in Allen Park, ask for Tom and Jason with the silver L sent you there.

I have no affiliation with tom, or any of the car tunes company, i am just very very pleased to have been treated well after my terrible night two days ago when my truck hit its rev limiter, almost hit a mongoose, and blew my amp. Plus i see a lot of guys on the board always looking to see what they can do to make the crappy L stock system sound great like an L should.

~Toast

Old 04-17-2002 | 07:51 PM
Hey toast, Im down. Gonna be looking into getting a deeper system for my L. Was looking for a place that wasnt all 18 year olds. I think I will go there when I do it, & Ill be sure to drop your name.

Gavin

Old 04-17-2002 | 08:25 PM
|
Tom's a good guy, never pushed me to get too much that i didn't want, just showed me what was out there and whats reasonable, for best service the manager always rocks , its good to know someone cause there are 18 year olds at every car stereo place, if you want, call up there before you go an make sure hes in,, looks like you live sorta farther from the place then me,, i cant tell you how happy i am to just get my stuff fixed whenever things go wrong.

~Toast

Old 04-17-2002 | 10:02 PM
Re: Car Tunes Service For My L

Originally posted by whitetoast11
almost hit a mongoose

Thought it was a possum.j\k

Glad youre back up to speed!

Old 04-18-2002 | 08:00 AM
I agree with you Toast. I've used Car Tunes there in AP on my last two radios and couldn't be happier.

Bob

Old 04-18-2002 | 09:33 AM
I remember having used a Car Tunes down here in Miami a long time ago in a Grand Am I used to own..............excellent quality shop, clean as a whistle.......knowledgeable staff, and all around good guys. I thought they were local, but I guess they're all over the place,

JC

Old 04-18-2002 | 12:41 PM
Tom Rocks!!!!!!!!

I have bought all my stereo equipment from there also. He got a few of my JL subs replaced for free. There service is top notch. One of the installers that used to work there (his name was Ron) and I were good friends (I was dating his sister too), so that was my connection

--Joe

Quick Reply: Car Tunes Service For My L