Lightning

Happiest day in a LONG TIME!!! 10 #'s!!! YAY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happiest day in a LONG TIME!!! 10 #'s!!! YAY!!!!

No.......not 10 seconds!!! 10 LBS of boost........I am ecstatic with my K&N filter and hole-in-the-airbox mod!! I'd never seen it rise above 8 lbs, till today. I got on a nice empty highway we have out here, and I punched it from 40mph........it downshifted to second, and as the revs and boost needles started climbing, I was thinking to myself........"OK, SHIFT!!!" That bit$h just climbed onto the 10 lb mark, and it was louder than I'd heard it before......I kinda got scared at first.......thought I was gonna blow something! So needless to say, it feels strong, and a definite seat of pants feel, at least semi-noticeably, even in 85 degree humid crappy weather.

ALSO, I got my Factory Tech Valve Body in the mail (THANKS SAL!!!!!) today, with my deep tranny pan and filter I'll be getting that done along with my throttle body/upper plenum mod in the next week or two. Then back to the track, and hello low 13's (hopefully!!!)

JC

Old 04-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Uh oh!!!, I see another monster in the works! Need a rabbit blower?

Old 04-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Just wait

........"OK, SHIFT!!!" That bit$h just climbed onto the 10 lb mark, and it was louder than I'd heard it before......I kinda got scared at first.......thought I was gonna blow something!

until you dyno it......with the windows down, hood up, inside a bl'dg !

Dan

Old 04-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Flash!!! Highly placed sources at Chickenears Engineering have revealed that Wabbit powered wheelie bars are in late stage developement. Insiders state that you just pop off the wheels from your existing wheelie bars and bolt on their monster wabbits. When that front end lifts up, these wabbits hit the ground runnin, and can shave 3 tenths off your 1/4 mile time. Course their paws are only good for one run, so buy a couple of sets so you always have some on hand. With this stategic new product, sales are expected to increase dramatically with all the repeat business!! One highly placed individual in marketing said "We'll have wabbit 6 packs available at all the tracks in the next few weeks". 'We are using genetically altered musclebound, male jack wabbits,Hooeee, these baby's are gonna be hoppin' off the shelves faster than we can restock em'"!!!

Last edited by cabraco; 04-18-2002 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Highly placed sources at Chickenears Engineering
LOL

AND, as an added bonus, if you procure an additional set, they will self multiply exponentially...or something...

Old 04-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Now that the secret wheelie bar project (code named Hare Curlers) has been leaked to the general public, the board of directors at CE will be releasing a photo of the prototype version soon.

Pre-orders will be accepted. Contact Chikenears Engineering or somebody.

Last edited by Chikenears; 04-18-2002 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:49 PM
thought it said only MALE rabbits were used.......good marketing I guess.No free rides or free rabbits

Old 04-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Just a question how would one go about getting a wabbit blower?

Do i leave a tooth under my pillow?
Leave some milk and coookies out on a tray?
Hide some Hard boiled eggs around the house??

Old 04-18-2002, 07:33 PM
Back to the "airbox mod". I did this as well, about 40-50 3/4" holes in mine. I have to say, i did not notice a 2# increase in boost, it didn't feel faster, and it wasn't noticeably louder. I think in a vehicle this heavy and powerful, it would have to be a good 20hp/tq to have any seat of the pants difference. If it helps, great, if not, i won't be hurt as it only took about 20 minutes for the entire mod!

Quick Reply: Happiest day in a LONG TIME!!! 10 #'s!!! YAY!!!!