Lightning

Exhaust back pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002 | 10:43 AM
Yea, kinda.

Untill the 'tornado' sound comes out, they really sound good. At idle up 'till about 4,000 they are really cool. Also at low boost levels they sound mean. Once the boost comes on or at high rpms, then the forced induction sound comes on. The 'shearing wind' sound is cool, especially when you are a truck-length up on the left side of your opponent and you are blowing right in his ear. Hehehehe.

Later,

Old 04-26-2002 | 08:55 PM
Smile

Mike of Lightning Performance in Oregon posted on another board sometime ago that he tested the back pressure at two different locations.

Between the stock exhaust manifold and the pre-cat....he got something like 11.5 to 12 lbs of back pressure and then just before the stock muffler he found only about 3 to 4 lbs of back pressure.

I don't know how accurate this is.....just passing it along.

Also, my .02 on flowmasters....never had good luck with them on anything that had a turbocharger or a cat converter on it...period.

I don't think there wavin and pulsin and whatever else is goin on in there, works to good with those things in the way .

Maybe they would work fine with long tubes and no cats.
Dale

Old 04-26-2002 | 09:33 PM
|
BaD as L...THANK YOU! Do you know how they tested it, was it on a dyno etc....3-4# of back pressure after the cats sounds right on the money. I will post my results when I have time to get to the shop! Thanks again

Qball

Quick Reply: Exhaust back pressure