Lightning

L died on me

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002 | 01:51 PM
|
L died on me

Today as I was running a little errand I gunned it a little on the L and then I came up on a red light so I stopped pretty quick. At the light the L just turned off on me, it didn't make a very good sound (it sounded like it was gargling gas or something). I waited a little and was able to turn it back on but I still figure that's not good if it did that. Any of you guys have any idea what it could have been? I don't have any mods, except air raid filter kit and it has 12 000 miles. please help and what should I do?

Old 04-29-2002 | 02:37 PM
I'm guessing(Duh!) but that 'hard' stop may have slung some of the unwanted oil that finds it's way into the intake boot onto the MAF sensor. Get a Q-tip and some Windex and try cleaning(be very careful) the sensor wires. Check the IAT sensor wires too(in the same, general area).

How full was your fuel tank at the time? I don't know where in the fuel tank that the pumps are located but I would guess that they are to the rear in which case, your stop might have uncovered the fuel pick-up????

The throttle slamming shut may have 'confused' the TPS if it's voltage reading is 'at the edge'--should be .91 volts or less at closed throttle.

Btw, the 'above' would have been called Easter-egging in my old typewriter-fixin' days--LOL

Dan

Quick Reply: L died on me