Lightning

Belltech Drop problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002 | 11:52 PM
|
Question Belltech Drop problem

OK I was recently removing my hitch and Rear end links and noticed the Emergency brake was rubbing on the frame and the Spring on passenger side. Without removing the spring, is there anyway to remove the Emergency cable and run it under the spring so as to not pinch it causing premature wear?

Here are a few pics. What tool/s should I get to do this as I have never done this.

Thanks
Jason

Old 05-05-2002 | 12:13 AM
The parking brake cables go above the springs. Do you have stock front spring hangers? Can you use zip ties to keep the cable from rubbing on the spring?

Old 05-05-2002 | 12:18 AM
|
I should have specified that I have a 3/4 Drop whoops

Old 05-05-2002 | 12:21 AM
Yep that makes a big difference. I'll let the guys with the rear front hanger relocate answer.

Old 05-05-2002 | 02:04 AM
Some have moved them to under the springs. I gave up on making it work....

You can get them loose with pliars and alittle wiggling...

Old 05-05-2002 | 05:18 AM
I know I am not a lightning but when i didi my 3/4 drop I moved my ebrake cable under the leaf spring for fear of it rubbing and have yet to see any problems.

Old 05-05-2002 | 08:03 AM
I moved mine under the spring. Also there is a metal harness that holds it in place that bolts to the top of the pumpkin. You can slide the cable thru the harness to take out some of the slack. I found that when placed under the spring, the excess cable bows out and wants to rub against the inside face ot the wheel/tire. You can take the bow out by adjusting(sliding the cable thru the metal harness) on the top of the pumpkin.

Old 05-05-2002 | 09:18 AM

here is how i set my bracket up, nothing like the instructions, like the rest of the install

to remove the silver clips here are three arms the hold it in place i used a set of pliers and a screwdrier to push them in, when they are in, push it in and it will slide through the bracket, on the pass side u dont have to remove the spring just do this and to get it off the caliper pull away from the caliper and off the hook it attaches to on the caliper and route as necessary.

it is ok if it hits the frame, mine does and have had no problems and it still works great..

i did notice the e brake cable touches the rim in the drivers side so a hefty tie wrap took care of it..

jim

Old 05-05-2002 | 02:39 PM
here are some other i just snapped, might clear ot up better..

drivers side

more drivers side

pass side

jim

Old 05-05-2002 | 10:56 PM
|
Thanks, I tried just a screwdriver method, but not with pliers. I figured there was som tool or something to use. Mabe I could use a zip tie around it and pull it snug. HMMM I am going to have to go out and try this. Let you know what the results are.

Quick Reply: Belltech Drop problem