Lightning

The Zaino process has begun.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002 | 10:19 AM
|
Cool The Zaino process has begun.......

Well, at about 9 AM today, I began the claybar. It's now 10:15, and the claybar and first coat of Z-5 is done. I'm giving it another 30 minutes or so to dry, then it's on to coat #2 of Z-5. I am using ZFX also, but the humidity is high (like it always is in FL), so I am being liberal on drying times.
Saying this stuff goes a long way is an understatement. I mixed about 2oz in the ZFX bottle and only about 1/2 of the bottle on the first coat. The entire exterior got a coat too. If it is red, it got it. It is going to be a long day of coat after coat, but it will be worth it. The arms will be pooped tonight.
I will keep replies going as the coats go on with the results. And, of course, I will post a finished product picture.

Old 05-06-2002 | 11:26 AM
I had those RUBBER arms for a few days !!! It's WORTH
it though ...

Old 05-06-2002 | 11:34 AM
definitly post some pics of it when your done... I was thinking of ordering some zaino as i saw a guy use it on his dumb little miata and it actually made the car look better. If it makes a miata look some what nice then it should make a nice truck/car look sweet as hell. I cant wait to get away from the powdery waxes. I use zymol which makes a mess but works very very well. Its about 17 bux a bottle here if that says anything. The zaino looked way easy to remove though which is a seller to me. Post some pics if your arms can click the mouse when your all done

Old 05-06-2002 | 11:57 AM
i ordered my $110 worth of zaino last week, im hoping it gets here today so i can finish my truck by wednesday so the new bedrug can get put in. also i just got my 01-02 tails but the heads and corners will be coming by friday. i also just got my lower valence street scene speed grille but the upper is on back order until the 16th. so by the end of the month, my truck should be looking peretty damn sweet.

Old 05-06-2002 | 12:24 PM
|
Pheeeew.....12:23.....the second coat of Z-5 is on. When they say LIGHT coats, DO IT. I had a couple of spots that I used too much. It can be a biatch to get off if it is too heavy.
The Z-6 in between coats really helps clean up any residue. CLEAN towels are a must!!! I think I'll be using about 1 towel per coat.
So far it is looking good. I'm estimating 3 coats of Z-5, and god knows how many of Z-2.

Old 05-06-2002 | 12:36 PM
UPS just delivered my order today.

Unfortunately it was not the UPS lady on the board.

Man I gotta move to her route.

Old 05-06-2002 | 02:02 PM
my ups guy is a big fat jamaican. gotta love the guy

Old 05-06-2002 | 04:19 PM
My brother ordered a bunch of zaino stuff and never used it so he gave it to me.

What stuff do we need for our trucks?

Old 05-06-2002 | 04:42 PM
RT- go to zaino's website and you'll get the full rundown on the application. It's a hell of alot of work; I've used it for the last year but switched to try something different. I don't think the zaino looks as good on the darker cars (red and black) as it does on the lighter cars. It reflects light but doesn't refract it. The refraction of light is what makes darker cars look "wet."

Zaino user's tip: Use microfiber towels to get the final residue off. Also if you can afford it, invest in a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher.

Just my .02 worth; I've tried them all and their are pro's and con's to all of them. The zaino does provide very long lasting protection.

Old 05-06-2002 | 05:14 PM
|
must........keep..........going........gonna...... ...shine.........like.....mad

5:15, 3 coats of Z-5 later, with Z-6 in between each coat, my arms are jello. The first coat of Z-2 is drying. Will be doing one more coat of Z-2 today and maybe one more tomorrow. The shine already is incredible.

I'm going to use the PC buffer to remove it from now on.

I found that I prefer the foam pads to apply it over the cotton one that Zaino sends. The foam pads are a little smaller, easier to move around things, and they don't soak up as much.

Use about 1 towel PER coat. I have a big pile of towels already.

Old 05-06-2002 | 05:53 PM
Thumbs up

haha...keep on it dude it will be worth it im sure....does this stuff last if you dont have a garage?

Old 05-06-2002 | 05:56 PM
I ordered about $80 worth of stuff from zainobros.com last week.
How long does it take to deliver?

Old 05-06-2002 | 06:44 PM
slapshot: did you read the directions on the back of the ZFX box?
it says not to apply more than three coats in a 24 hour period.

pennywise_88: my truck sits out in the open, and still looks good after a quick rinse..

my truck at the car show a couple of weekends ago:

all i did was hose it off & spray it with Z6.. i havent put any zaino on it in months..

Old 05-06-2002 | 08:05 PM
Your truck looks real clean in that second pic especially. This is a little off topic but do those light up ovals you have fade over time? They look alot more subtle than I thought

Old 05-06-2002 | 08:42 PM
i've replaced the one on the tailgate 2 times so far, and it's gone out again.. i've replaced the one on the front once, but it's holding up pretty good now..

good thing the place i bought them from has a warranty on them! http://www.nthcoast.com/

Quick Reply: The Zaino process has begun.......