Lightning

I have succumbed to the Dark Side/RIP Mobie

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002 | 10:31 PM
Thumbs up

Congrats Bill on the new Rinkin.

I'd like to know if the Rack & Pinion steering from the 'wood is adaptable to an L ?

Enjoy it, they sure are sweet lookin !
-------------
Rick

Old 05-08-2002 | 09:24 AM
I wholeheartedly agree w/ BBQ!

Bill, you were around on the L forum in the days when we were all so excited when we found out how much louder the blower was when we removed the factory air box and no one even had a chip out for the L's yet.

Boy, that three years has gone by fast! Mine will be 3 years old on the 17th.

Keep in touch

Collin

Old 05-08-2002 | 11:54 AM
Hey Bill, congrats on the Blackwood

It was a pleasure to meet you when I came by the store. appreciated the ride to hear Bassani (didn't take it off did you?) You might now have wished you'd filled out that paperwork I sent you for xplan. It works for leases, too! Sounds like a really good deal you finagled. Have to come by store again to see Balckwood up close. Envious of thos AC seats. Good luck with your truck.

Old 05-11-2002 | 10:05 AM
|
Really Old "Member"
Morning all:

As a sneaky way of staying on the L thread, I am working up a comparo between the L and the Wood which should be ready in a few days.

In the meantime, a few comments to some of yours.

MRBBQMAN: As to the relative likelyhood of seeing one on every corner, according to the last issue of Automotive News, 127 were sold in April and 539 YTD. Production was 452 in April and 1,490 YTD. I am still trying to get 2001 sales and production figures.

LightningBob: Yes the crate motor would have been nice to have in reserve, but if I ever get the urge, I would be starting with the 32 valve heads which could be kewel.

01ArrestmeRed: According to the owners manual and road tests and visual evidence, it has the normal recirculating ball steering.

JakeMarietta: Welcome over anytime. At least now I can hear the rather nice stereo without cranking the volume up all the way. Thing is so darn quiet I have to look at the tach to make sure it is still running.

Later
Bill

Old 05-11-2002 | 11:10 AM
KGM
Thumbs up

Bill got wood! You lucky dog, enjoy.

Quick Reply: I have succumbed to the Dark Side/RIP Mobie