Lightning

Guy talking smack at work with a new corvette (non z06)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002 | 04:27 PM
|
Guy talking smack at work with a new corvette (non z06)

Older guy started today, was one of those world beater corvette guys. Someone said something about my truck and he laughed and said ya right i would smoke that so bad.

I was talking with him some, but i think he liked to here himself talk more. I only have a chip and a filter, and ran a 13.20 at the track the one time i was there, and conditions were not the best. My tires are pretty much shot though, so from a stop i would not stand a chance as it is.

After i pay off my rims i think i will do a pulley and MM and some little things, and crush this guy with my 22's. I just had smug people. He was also a lot older and was sort of talking to me like i was some punk kid.

Old 05-10-2002 | 04:42 PM
I raced a new C5 with an auto at the track. He ran 3 13.7's in a row. I ran a so-so 13.5 that run at around 103.xx. His 13.7 came in at about a 104.xx. So he gained on me ever so slightly. But remember, 2 tenths of a second equates to about 2 car lenghts in the quarter, and that's where he was in my mirror!!

If you're running a 13.2, you have NO worries against this guy. In fact, i ran 3 GM LSI cars that night and pulled every one of them to the 1/8 mile by at least 2-3 car lengths. I pulled the 6-speed Firebird by about 8 car lenghts because he obviously couldn't shift worth a crap.

Get some tires, because off the line is where you'll crush him all day long. Once you're around 100mph he should start to pull on you. So race him to 100!!

Old 05-10-2002 | 05:32 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Shoot me an email with your address. I have plenty of "evidence" that you can show off on your cpu.

Let's just say I the one Corvette guy that was willing to race one day (after he passed me at 80), changed his mind the next day. I shouldn't have told him I bought a JDM chip!

I played with another from a 65 roll with 2 large fellas in the cab and it was neck and neck to 85, when the other guy shut down.

tundra_svt@yahoo.com

I haven't been able to get a Vette to line up since!

Old 05-10-2002 | 05:44 PM
Tundra,

"Fastest running Lightning in Alaska." Thats a good one. But hey
don't forget about my little silver one sitting in my garage (its raining). Its got a little go-go too

Mark

Old 05-10-2002 | 05:50 PM
Man,don't you know a Ford pick up can't beat a Vette?
Is this guy around 50 with a gold chain?

Old 05-10-2002 | 05:51 PM
I SMELL a race coming up

Old 05-10-2002 | 06:15 PM
Talking

Hey, watch it with this "old guy" stuff. Ask that 22 yr. old Rusty--I may be old but I've got a Lightning and a 'mullet' so I'm tryin' to be 'young'. LOLOL

It would be a 'hoot' to whup on that Corvette poser though. Git him!

Dan

Old 05-10-2002 | 06:37 PM
|
Sorry for tossing the old guy thing around, but we all know who they are. They hit 50 buy the corvette, think its a 7 second machine. He is just how you described him to, he was even talking about himself in the 3rd person haha i love that.

I don't even want this race to be close, i am gonna play the tire thing off for about a month till i have my 22's, then toss the pulley in the same time and get my chip reburned. I want to crush this guy to 100 by at least 4 car lengths. This new job i have i will have the king daily driver =).

I just want to be able to use my favorite line after i crush him, " Want me to go get the jet ski's or boat and make it a closer race?"

People always love that one

If you can email me those video's or links to low4show@hotmail.com

Thanks !

Old 05-10-2002 | 06:38 PM
Dan,you arent doing it right.You dont even have a Vette.Vettes are chick magnets.

Old 05-11-2002 | 03:38 AM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed
Dan,you arent doing it right.You dont even have a Vette.Vettes are chick magnets.
Chick magnets to a certain degree. Once a Ford pick-up slaughters one though, it loses its appeal ever so slightly. Raced and beat one down bad. After we shut the race down waiting at the next light, I look over at him but he's sitting there looking straight ahead, with what looked like his girl riding shotgun. He wouldn't look at me. It was great. The chick smiled and gave a small wave, and then I was gone. Must have set him back a few inches in his 'manhood' there. Teee heee heeeeee. Stupid Chebbies.

Old 05-11-2002 | 04:23 AM
I would like to see that race between Tundra and Ak.Silver2K. I think it might be good I don't know who I would bet on. I got my engine back and will be running in a few weeks so look out Tundra it will be Bad.

Old 05-11-2002 | 07:51 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
HAha, Funny Mark.

I just put my muffler back on (Tundra had a pretty hot date). Gotta be able to have a conversation...

I bet I'll be running 13.3s this year, and next...Until I get my degree.

Tundra checks his other sleeve and finds something...
I take that back, I'd be glad to run ya, can you run mid-low twelves?

Old 05-11-2002 | 10:01 AM
2 weeks ago at Milan my friend took his 02 C5 vert 6 speed to T&T - his best was 13.2 I Forgot the mph..

Most of the C5's,Z28'2, & TA's were spinning bad..

If the guy can't launch your gone ..
The stock run flats aren't the best for 60ft times..

Old 05-11-2002 | 10:20 AM
Thumbs up The Race

Yo Ashenor, two words- DUST HIM!!!!!

Quick Reply: Guy talking smack at work with a new corvette (non z06)