Lightning

Air shocks for the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air shocks for the rear?

It turns out I am going to be keeping the 01 since they cant work the deal I want at my dealership. I am going to use the 01 to pull my beast to the track. I am going to lower the truck back down some, I was wondering if anyone knew of air shocks for our trucks? My buddy has a SLAMMED 01 Chevy 2wd shortbed that he pulls with and all he does is pump up his air shocks to make up for the drop kit. It looks great and pulls great. I know the L would be as good as that for sure. Anyone know of any?

PS-RDY2RAC's wife brought up a good point. Doing it like this will allow mw to have a backup truck at the races as well if I break my race truck before the 1st round!!!

Old 05-12-2002, 01:05 PM
i dont have air shocks but have a set of air bags comming for the rear. costs me 199 for the set, with brackets, bags, and tubing. only thing is i have to use an external compressor for the fillup, ill probally get a craftsman tank and keep in the back when im pulling, i didnt want to spring to the compressor, it was 300 for compressor, tubing, and wireing..ill see how it works..

jim

Old 05-12-2002, 02:51 PM
I, have the Air Lift air bags on my 2000 L. They work great. I tow a travel trailer and I used to bottom out. Your handeling will suffer. I take the air bags out when I am not towing. Bob.

Old 05-12-2002, 04:48 PM
SVT Bob could you please tell us where you got this kit ? And any more info. I am pulling my 93 cobra with my lowered lightning and need to look into and airbag setup also. Is yor truck lowered ?Was the kit hard to install? Any info greatly appreciated

Old 05-12-2002, 06:51 PM
lightning 00 n 93 cobra. I got the air bag kit from Summit racing. If you look up Air lift company .com you will find the application for the Lightning. If your L is already lowered I am not sure if the bags will fit. My suspension is stock I had no problem installing there kit. They have a toll free number. One member told me he was lowered and they sent him modified brackets to fit the airbags. Hope this helps. Bob.

Old 05-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Smile

SVT Bob thanks for the info!

Old 05-12-2002, 08:56 PM
u probally will need modified brackets, when i ordered mine the tech asked my what drop i had done..

Quick Reply: Air shocks for the rear?