Lightning

Factory Tonneau Corners Lifting In Sun

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002 | 04:15 PM
|
Angry Factory Tonneau Corners Lifting In Sun

IM GETTING :o FRUSTRATED TRYING TO STREACH THE TAIL-GATE CORNERS TO STAY DOWN AFTER SHORT TIME IN SUN LIGHT.. TRIED WEIGHTING DOWN. WITH 1/2 '' RUBBER HOSE WITH 40 LBS OF FLOOR TILE ON TOP.. EVEN USED HAIR-DRYER ANY SUGESTIONS

Old 05-15-2002 | 10:11 AM
Mine does the same thing.

I tried running a bungee cord across the back tiedowns, then hooking another bungee cord to each of the 'loops' then running them down to the one across the bed. . .worked for a while, then they started lifting again.

Poor design I think.

I hope someone has a solution.

Old 05-15-2002 | 10:45 AM
Rest In Peace
Im not sure but i think that you have to cut the thread in the back of the cover then it wont do that anymore. I have a retrax cover and never had the stock one so im not sure but im pretty sure that is the fix and im sure someone will post about it that has one.

Old 05-15-2002 | 11:09 AM
What you need to do is take a utility knife and cut off the excess folds of vinyl from the underside of the corners. Be sure just to cut off the loose parts that are not sewn down. Don't cut anything past the stitching. It's hard to describe; but once you look at it, you'll see what I mean.

Old 05-15-2002 | 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Edward
What you need to do is take a utility knife and cut off the excess folds of vinyl from the underside of the corners. Be sure just to cut off the loose parts that are not sewn down. Don't cut anything past the stitching. It's hard to describe; but once you look at it, you'll see what I mean.
I just came in from the Garage and this worked great! Just be careful not to take too much off with the knife.

Thanks Edward!

Quick Reply: Factory Tonneau Corners Lifting In Sun