Lightning

OK, California(Los Angeles area) guys, I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002 | 08:15 PM
|
OK, California(Los Angeles area) guys, I need your help.

Our 26 yr. old son, Jonathan has "seen the Light"--he wants a new Lightning. What a glorious day--if he can get out of a 3 yr. lease on his Jetta.

I told(IMd each other) him about the X-plan after he visited a dealer today. I told him he have to get a X-plan from one of "us" and then find a dealer that is willing to deal.

He lives in LA, near Hollywood??? Any help would be appreciated muchly. He's a good 'kid' and would make a great addition to the 'family'.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Old 05-14-2002 | 08:24 PM
I came across this information about the X-plan a while ago, and saved it for myself when the time comes to get a new Ford. Here is a portion of the post and the website . . . .

“Go with X-Plan and save without the hassle of negotiating. On an older thread Mort 97Cobra posted that people who sent for Ford's Investment Package received the X-Plan form in it. I ordered one and sure enough it was in there. For a general explanation (see post below for more info) of how X-Plan works, goto this site and click on "Ford Partner (X-Plan)"

http://www.aplanheadquarters.com/

The X-Plan form states right on it, "... you may pass this information on to a friend, neighbor or extended family member..." and everyone on F150Online is my friend for all their helpfull advice they have given me, so off it goes to all my friends.

It is also good for Mazda, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, and Land Rover on top of our wonderfull Fords.”

Hope it helps you out!

Old 05-14-2002 | 09:02 PM
Dan, you might have him contact Galpin Ford. They are just over the hill from him in North Hills.

[http://gogalpin.com/ford/]

They are one of the largest SVT dealers in th country. Last time I checked, they had about a dozen Lightnings in stock.

There are not many dealers who will deal on the x-plan here in LA. Especially on SVT vehicles. I know of a Lightning owner locally, who had to buy his truck in Michigan, and pay Galpin Ford a fee to take delivery and prep the truck.

That was the only way that he could get this plan here in the LA area. It was simple, he didn't.

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:08 PM
|
TTT

Thanks guys.........

Dan

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:15 PM
Help with the X Plan

Sorry Folks,

I am new here. Could someone advise me what the "X plan" is?

Thanks

ssmike

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:46 PM
|
ssmike:

The X-plan is a marketing/pricing offering that Ford offers thru some corporations and Ford employees. If you 'qualify' or are given a X-plan and you find a dealer that will accept it, you can save about $4,000 on a new L The employees themselves can buy on the A-plan and save even more.

Dan

Old 05-15-2002 | 07:27 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Hey Jay, Galpin Ford is WAY too big for their own good. Their take on it is, if you don't like our price, tough cookies, go somewhere else. And that goes for their service dept. too.

LightningRod..... Tell your son to try Vista Ford, it's about 10 mins from me.. have him ask for Jeff Woods(sales), or David Latshaw(finance manager), they might be able to help him.

p.s. If you do contact Galpin, there are 4 L's on the used lot..two-01's, and two-00's . Contact Jeff Moore. He mentioned something about 27k for one of them to me.

Last edited by BLackBoLT99; 05-15-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2002 | 08:33 PM
|
Thanks again guys. Jonathan has followed up on each 'lead' so far. He emailed Golpins.

BlackBolt: he'll contact Vista too.

Dan

Old 05-15-2002 | 11:34 PM
Dan, while he's at it he might as well check my dealer. It's Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park. It's not real close to Hollywood, but they are very customer oriented.

[www.kengrodyford.com]

They don't get many Lightnings, but don't charge over list. Have him talk to Derek Gebo. He'll take care of him.

Quick Reply: OK, California(Los Angeles area) guys, I need your help.