Lightning

Below Msrp On Lightnings

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002 | 09:45 PM
|
Talking Below Msrp On Lightnings

HI TO EVERYONE OUT THERE I'AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I WOULD JUST LIKE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THE DEALER THAT I JUST PURCHASED MY 2002 LIGHTNING FROM THIS SALESMAN IS THE BEST LET ME START AT THE BEGINNING I WAS LOOKING FOR A LIGHTNING TRUCK AT SOME OF THE LOCAL DEALERS HERE IN NEW YORK CITY WITH NOT MUCH SUCCESS AS THEY ALL WANTED TO CHARGE BETWEEN 1000 TO 3000 OVER STICKER WHICH I THOUGHT WAS CRAZY ONE DEALER TRIED TO TELL ME THAT SATURDAY WAS SVT DAY AT HIS DEALERSHIP AND THAT HE WOULD SELL ME ONE FOR STICKER BUT ONLY ON SATURDAY WHICH JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE DAY I WAS THERE THEN I WENT TO ANOTHER DEALER AND HE SAID THE FACTORY DID NOT ALLOW HIM TO SELL LIGHTNINGS FOR LESS THEN STICKER PRICE WHAT A BUNCH OF B.S.SO I WAS REALLY STARTING TO GET DEPRESSED ABOUT BUYING THIS TRUCK SO I WENT HOME AND STARTED SURFING THE NET FOR LIGHTNINGS ON E-BAY AND AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT THERE WAS A BRAND NEW 2002 WHITE LIGHTNING UP FOR AUCTION SO I E-MAILED THE DEALERSHIP THAT WAS SELLING IT WHICH HAPPENED TO BE IN TENNESSEE IF THEY WOULD TAKE A TRADE IN BUT THEY DID NOT ANSWER ME BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDED SO I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND SPOKE TO THE SALESMAN THAT HANDLES THE SVT SALES AND HE SAID THEY WOULD GLADLY TAKE A TRADE IN AND HE EVEN TOLD ME HOW MUCH THEY WOULD GIVE ME OVER THE PHONE NOW I WAS STARTING TO FEEL I JUST MIGHT BE TAKING A TRIP SOUTH THEN HE SAID SINCE THE TRUCK DID NOT SELL ON E-BAY NOBODY BID HIGH ENOUGH THAT HE WOULD LET IT GO FOR 30,500.00 AND NOW I KNEW I WAS HEADING SOUTH TO BUY THIS TRUCK I QUICKLY GAVE HIM A DEPOSIT WITH MY CREDIT CARD THEN I ASKED HIM WHY HE WAS LETTING THESE TRUCKS GO FOR LESS THAN STICKER HE SAID HE WOULD RATHER SELL 15-20 LIGHTNINGS AND MAKE LESS PROFIT THAN SELL 2-5 TRUCKS AND MARK THEM WAY UP SOUNDED GOOD TO ME SO I'AM HEADING SOUTH OUT OF NY ON MAY 23 TO PICK UP MY TRUCK I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW I MADE OUT WHEN I GET BACK IN THE MEANTIME IF ANYBODY IS LOOKING FOR A GREAT DEAL ON A LIGHTNING LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE DEALERSHIP NAME AND THE GUY TO SPEAK TO I DONT KNOW IF I'AM ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE THE NAME OF THE DEALER ON THIS SITE WELL THATS IT MY HAPPY ENDING I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY TRUCK

Old 05-14-2002 | 09:48 PM
Just a heads up using CAPS LOCK is considered SHOUTING Online

Doug

Old 05-14-2002 | 09:51 PM
Hey, would this dealership be in Knoxville, TN? I got a '00 Lightning from them for $500 over dealer invoice when the least expensive dealership in DFW area wanted $500 *over* invoice.

Old 05-14-2002 | 09:59 PM
|
capital letters

sorry about the use of capital letters silver 2000 won't happen again.....

Old 05-14-2002 | 10:05 PM
|
not in knoxville

hi struck by lightning no the dealership is in oak ridge tn

Old 05-14-2002 | 10:13 PM
wow that was a hard post to read..what with all the caps and zero punctuation.

but anyway...everything all those dealer's told you is total and complete BS.

getting a lightning under sticker is no big deal anymore...and hasn't been in a while. Good to see you walked away from some potentially very bad deals.

Old 05-14-2002 | 10:26 PM
|
thanks 95 saleen s351 after looking for a truck in new york. it seemed like a good deal. plus i have a trade in which always hampers negotiations.

Old 05-14-2002 | 11:09 PM
I live in Rockland County NY and found all the dealers around here were liars and BS artists. The worst was Bill Kolb Ford in Blauvelt NY. And Pistelli Ford in Paramus NJ wanted $5000 OVER sticker!
I paid $30,451 (with the T. cover) from Lombard Ford in Winsted CT. Sticker was $33,055. Much closer than that Ebay dealer! No XYZ plan or any of that BS either. They were top notch and sold me a perfect truck. I have no affiliation with them in any way.

Dave Bettigole was my salesman.

Lombard Ford

Good luck

Old 05-15-2002 | 05:58 AM
PISTILLI REALLY?

I got my truck from them on X-plan (Pistilli) but before I even told them I had x plan they offered the truck for 30,500.
I think it really depends on the salesman, but all american in hackensack wanted 3k over on a left over. I think it is hit or miss with dealers and it makes a differance how many cars they are selling that month.
I will say I wont go to Pistilli for service. I had first and only oil change there, so I thought I think they didnt change my oil when I brought it there. I only had 800 miles on the truck now I got 2500 and oil is black. I am gonna test the oil cause I paid for synthetic if it is not I'll know they didn't change it.
I know I got off topic

Slick

Old 05-15-2002 | 08:15 AM
Re: PISTILLI REALLY?

Originally posted by SLICK0478
PISTILLI REALLY?
It's sitting on the lot, outside getting dirty, a White 2002 Lightning with an "extra" window sticker for $5000 over for a total of $38,055. I don't do business with hose bags like them who try to rip people off.

If you go in to confront them about the service check it out, it was on the left side of the building 4 weeks ago.

All American Ford in Hackensack NJ had a Black 02L with an "extra" window sticker for $3000 over for a total of $36,055. They said they would "let" me have it for sticker. I walked out. Drove up Route 17 to Pistilli, saw the $38,055 and ran away. Drove to Bill Kolb Ford in Blauvelt NY , they wanted $3000 over sticker too. Almost didn't buy a Lightning at all because of this!

Found my dealer Lombard Ford on the internet. The result is sitting in my garage now

Old 05-15-2002 | 09:10 AM
svt 2002
good the see another ny L around!

lightningtruck
i tried to buy a silver 00 from bill kolb they wanted
3k over sticker and wouldnt do a plan for me.
and they had 6 trucks in stock.

i ended up gettin mine from fullerton in somerville.
for a plan.

Old 05-15-2002 | 10:30 AM

^
|
|
|
|

Such a little dot makes all the difference in the world.

Old 05-15-2002 | 10:31 AM
Yeah I went to Bill kolb ford a year and a half ago..wanting to A-plan my lightning. Those scumbags told me they wouldn't budge off 5GRAND over sticker!

So I took full advantage and test drove the hell outa one (my first drive in an L...it convinced me). I came back in and told them I would buy it for A-plan.

Well, then they get the "manager" and start pulling all the tricks (do they really think customers...especially SVT customers are this stupid anymore)...and this slimeball (greaced back hair...gold chains..etc.) came back with an offer.

They were willing to sell me the owner's wifes used 99 red L with 1,000 miles and scrathed up wheels, damaged rear bumper etc for 29 grand. About 3 grand over what I was going to pay for a new one. And to top it all off...they did some math on the paper. They took the sticker price, added 5 grand, then compared that to the inflated cost of this used truck..to show me what a great deal I was getting. They even wrote (I swear to god) WOW! in big letters on the paper.

I was incredibly offended that they treat customers as if they were this stupid. I informed them of where they could bite me...and I left the place in my Saleen (in a cloud of tire smoke) never to go back again.

That was my fun dealership experience in NY. I woulda gone through my preffered dealer, Smith Cairns, but they were not an SVT dealer.

Old 05-15-2002 | 09:32 PM
CALL CRYSTAL FORD
Silver Spring MD.

I bought a new 2001 L in that model year for 28,250.00 this was 4000+ below MSRP and 6000 belew all other local dealers.

Quick Reply: Below Msrp On Lightnings