Lightning

Went to GLD in Wisconsin and ran my Superchips and PSP chips, here are the results

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002 | 05:54 PM
The chip is still off

The PSP chip still seems off. May need tweeking. I ran a 13.06 at almost 103 mph , on a 2.1 60 ft , on a JDM chip w/ stock pulley with a 40 mph headwind. With the mods he has he should be running high 12's on an average day and extremely low 13's on a bad day. I would call Sal and see what's up. 101 mph and 13.4 with a 2lb just seems slower than normal with the 60' you pulled. Actually your slips look even up untill the 1/8th mile. Maybe you chiped the tires a little that slowed down your mph and et a bit?

Old 05-15-2002 | 07:06 PM
Originally posted by tliss
I have not run the 1/4 with my PSP 4-way but I have faith in the program. When I put it on the race program the ride is just incredible (dyno'd at 391.4 RWHP and 467 and change ft.lb. torque). I'm going to race it in El Paso, TX, next weekend (high heat, low humidity conditions) and we'll see what happens. El Paso is not the best test bed, but what else is there to do in west Texas?
You will run slower. The track altitude is 4100 ft above sea level and the track sucks. Best time I have gotten is exactly what you have on street rubber. I have yet to take it down the track with the Nittos but I'm sure it will run near a 13.5 here. Hope to see you out there, look for the red L, it will be in the pits as a tow vehicle

Old 05-15-2002 | 08:39 PM
|
Re: The chip is still off

Originally posted by tallimeca
Actually your slips look even up untill the 1/8th mile. Maybe you chiped the tires a little that slowed down your mph and et a bit?
No I did't chirped the tires at all, if you see my 60' times you will see that they were allmost the same in both of the runs, and after the 60' mark the truck just keep on going with out any tire chirping or anything like that,
the truck just was slower with one chip than with the other.

Old 05-15-2002 | 11:02 PM
re read

Gilberto.....you quoted me so maybe you should re read what you quoted from me. YOUR SLIPS LOOK EVEN UP UNTIL THE 1/8 MILE. What I'm saying is it's possible if you got a little loose...whether shifting from 1st, or second....that would drop you down. Also.....I'm assuming you only made 1 pass on the PSP chip. If so.....i'd make a few more passes on both chips before you draw any conclusions. Make a few more passes and keep your slips and mark them.....see what happens. If you still are not satisfied....call Sal. I'm sure he can look up the program you have and see what could be slowing the top end. With your set up.....guys are running low 13's , high 12's, and anywhere from 104-107 mph. Good luck!!!

Oh yeah.....how many miles are on your truck and what do you have for plugs????

Old 05-16-2002 | 12:58 AM
|
Re: re read

Originally posted by tallimeca
Gilberto.....you quoted me so maybe you should re read what you quoted from me. YOUR SLIPS LOOK EVEN UP UNTIL THE 1/8 MILE. What I'm saying is it's possible if you got a little loose...whether shifting from 1st, or second....that would drop you down. Also.....I'm assuming you only made 1 pass on the PSP chip. If so.....i'd make a few more passes on both chips before you draw any conclusions. Make a few more passes and keep your slips and mark them.....see what happens. If you still are not satisfied....call Sal. I'm sure he can look up the program you have and see what could be slowing the top end. With your set up.....guys are running low 13's , high 12's, and anywhere from 104-107 mph. Good luck!!!

Oh yeah.....how many miles are on your truck and what do you have for plugs????
ok i re read what you said and I will answer again the truck didn't spin the tires at all, I have been driving this truck fo a long time and I know when it spins the tires so thats out of the question,
as for me running the psp chip more that once i actually did and many times but that was the week before and the temperature was about the same as last night, Humidity was about the same too and I was never able to run better than 13.4 and the MPH was at about 101-102 and change on all of the runs... as for plugs, I got TR6's and the truck has 14000 miles, thanks .

Old 05-16-2002 | 07:42 AM
nitro,

when sal ran his 10, he was only running 8 degrees of timing,

i'm not an engine guru, but i do know some things,

the reason jim was only running 13 degrees of timing is obvious,

he was probably pushing in the neighborhood of 16 to 18psi or more!

Quick Reply: Went to GLD in Wisconsin and ran my Superchips and PSP chips, here are the results