Lightning

Bed Liner

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:26 PM
|
Question Bed Liner

Hello Again:

Thanks for the advice on the break-in period. I am picking up the L tomorrow evening.

A bedliner question,

The dealership will hook me up with a Line-X for a good price (less than retail from Line-X as the factory is a few miles away) but I was wondering about some of the competitors' bed liners.

One competitor stated that they do not use polyuritheane (Line-X does) because it tends to fade quicker.

Do any of you have a Line-X? Happy with it? How about a competitor's spray-on liner? I will probably not add a tonneau cover.

Thanks

ssmike

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:28 PM
Go with a bedrug from www.rkkustom.com. I dont no anyone on the board that has the sprayin and I am not familiar with Line X. Bedrug seems to the popular vote here.

Heres mine installed from the above mentioned website

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:44 PM
No tonneau = no bedliner

In my opinion,

If you won't put a top on it, I would not go with a bedliner, unless you screw the thing down...

Old 05-15-2002 | 02:13 PM
No tonneau = no bedliner
i am installing a bedrug in my truck, but i am not putting a tanneau cover on it. is there a problem using a bedrug with no cover?

Old 05-15-2002 | 02:15 PM
I have an Advance folding hard tonneau and black Line-X on my silver 02 L. Both the tonneau and liner are excellent, IMO. From what I've seen, black Line-X fades VERY little. It feels like soft plastic, not rubber, so it is a little slippery. Since I make messes in my bed I needed a liner I can hose out. Line-X does the trick!

Ask to see previous work by the person doing the installation, regardless of the product. With any of these liners the care and skill of the installer makes a world of difference. Ask lots of questions, and make sure they keep your bed's ability to drain! My installer was more than happy to show his work and provide references. He did a great job.

$420 with tax.

Old 05-15-2002 | 02:17 PM
I had a Rhino Liner

When I had my Lightning I had a Rhino liner in it. It was awesome. I will never own another truck without the spray in bedliner. I recently went with Rhino on the new truck also.

I have heard Line-X is slightly better in quality but I had no problems with Rhino. My Rhino price was about 380.00 installed.

If you plan on keeping the Lightning for 30 years to be used as a pristine collector or historic piece just use a drop in or bed rug, something you can take out. If you don't plan on going that route I say go spray in.

Old 05-15-2002 | 05:04 PM
no cover with a bedrug just means your nice bedrug will get dirty and weathered...

I put a hard top and a bedrug on my truck and I freaking love it. the bedrug totally kicks ***... it looks SOOO nice and is nice and soft and doesn't scratch or get scratched...

The bed rug contour's to the truck perfectly. They really make a top notch product!

Old 05-16-2002 | 10:24 AM
ssmike, I looked into bed liners prior to buying a bedrug. Some of the things to consider: Fading, some say they will, some say they won't. Guess the bottom line on this is I wouldn't get a matching color (to match my L) except black because a faded liner could look disgusting. Surface Friction of the liner - depends on what you expect to haul - some spray in liners don't offer any variation on this, others do. Repair for a scratched liner - find out what it takes, and keep in mind the fading issue for this. Other than these, go to a person who knows what they're doing and does a good job.

Old 05-16-2002 | 10:33 AM
BEDRUG!!!

with a hard cover works the best, but if your thinking about getting crazy yor going to have to ditch the hard cover for a soft one when you need a cage, HEHEHEHEHHEHE. I can't wait!

Old 05-16-2002 | 10:56 AM
just put a rhino liner in mine and i love it. it was 390 installed.

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:03 AM
BedRug... Tough, easy to clean, and goodlooking as hell. The best bed liner on the market.

Rick a RK Kustoms is who you need to talk to. He's a supporting vendor on NLOC. Great guy too.

Tim

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:03 AM
If I get this Lightning I've been eyeing for past month or so, I'd go with the Bedrug. It just seems to be much more comfortable and forgiving surface, as well as being reasonably durable. The Lightning being a 2 seater (okay, maybe 3), I would like to have the flexibility to pile some friends out in the back if they visit like they do a couple times a year. Also, I love to go to a local drive-in, and it's really nice to to be able to back the truck up the the screen and relax in the bed. Last year, we used folding chairs but that scratched up the bed. (I had already removed the rubber Harley logo matt since I thought it'd be stolen the first day I left it out).

Quick Reply: Bed Liner