Lightning

ok,, long tubes with no cats question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002 | 06:56 PM
|
ok,, long tubes with no cats question

I've heard how loud my bassani is without cats, i've heard how loud it is with tubes,,,,, but i've never heard of anyone who has their setup with no cats at all. Any info on how that would sound?? Very curious as I love my bassani, but today I just got another urge for more,, this is an urge that seems to grow and grow the more i hear my own truck.

~Toast

Old 05-20-2002 | 07:36 PM
Toast:

JL was at the NMRA event here back in April. He had his LTs on with 3" pipes all the way back--no cats or mufflers. It was LOUD! He told me he was putting some/all of it back on.

Dan

Old 05-20-2002 | 07:47 PM
Toast the AP cops will be on you like stink on *****. You DO NOT want your exhaust setup like that

--Joe

Old 05-20-2002 | 07:51 PM
|
I give all the AP cops bagels and coffea in the morning, they just look at me and smile

~Toast

Old 05-21-2002 | 10:53 AM
I run the l/tubes w/o cats along with an x-pipe and the original muffler. Has a distinct sound that is ok as long as your not at wot, then it's quite loud.

The thing I don't like about it is the reverberation in the cab. It'll vibrate the wax right out of your ears. (just kidding), but it is loud.

Old 05-21-2002 | 10:57 AM
Did you guys gain and HP/TRQ from taking your cats off?

Old 05-21-2002 | 11:25 AM
You may want to talk to Sal. He has the LT's with no cats and but does have a bassani or something behind it. JL was running Nothing but straight Pipe on his, and said he was going to put the bassani back on.

Old 05-21-2002 | 01:21 PM
well, I'm currently running my setup like this and don't really like it. I think the exhaust sounds lousy unless you are really on the throttle - which of course makes it really loud!
You get sort of a weird tinny fluttering sound in the mid range RPMs if you are just accelerating slowly. Since mine is daily driven, i don't really like it. The drone inside the cab at freeway speeds is terrible. If I only drove it at the track though, it would be awesome.
I'm going to put the stock cats back on, and if I'm really losing that much with the stock cats, I'll probably just sell the long tubes too.

Quick Reply: ok,, long tubes with no cats question