Lightning

Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:00 PM
Re: Re: Joe,

Originally posted by RTKILLA
whats it a picture of?
Your L

--Joe

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:10 PM
|
RobG, I'm still faster and you what? Thats all that matters when it comes to drag racing. Who's got the faster time slip, and you what if you want to get down to it.

This was my first pass in over a 1 year! strait from the highway (30 to 45 minutes drive) to the strip and she went that fast. I wasn't used to the converter and I didn't get to get my RPMs up that high and I didn't launch that good on it. there's no doubt in my mind that with a 8 rib belt and some cool down time my truck would have gone 11's with a proper launch. My second launch was AWESOME but I red lit and my shut down with the tranny, that was my 11 second run!

When you get a time slip thats 12.272 or faster, come talk to me about racing cause until then I'm faster, HAHAHAHAHHAHA. I LOVE IT!!!

So when are you going to grow some nads and put a bigger pulley in it our run some juice? By that time I'll have a new motor and a new blower rob, so you better catch up brother. HEHEHHEHE. No flame intended.

P.S. I love your pictures, but I still like mine better. Red is better!

Chillin in the grass behind my office next to the ford LOT in the hard city of CHI TOWN! THE BEST CITY!

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:12 PM
|
Re: Re: Re: Joe,

Originally posted by soap

Your L

--Joe
Really? I got that issue and I didn't see it. whats my truck in there for?

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:20 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
RobG, I'm still faster and you what? Thats all that matters when it comes to drag racing. Who's got the faster time slip....
Joe,
Actually, all that matters in drag racing is how QUICK you are, not how fast you are. Fast is measured in MPH. Quick is measured in seconds. And then of course there is that pesky issue of RT, but you didn't mention that.

BTW, you might want to slow down those fingers a bit. That was really hard to read.

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:31 PM
Lightbulb

Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about your transmission. I hope it's no big deal to fix.

Tim

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:31 PM
RT, You know if you would have went to pick up your box from Gregg when you were supposed to I would have the one you broke and you would have the nice one I have sitting in my shop.

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:45 PM
|
Originally posted by easterisland
RT, You know if you would have went to pick up your box from Gregg when you were supposed to I would have the one you broke and you would have the nice one I have sitting in my shop.
Well I get to try out an experimental sprag so thats worth it and now I'm going to raise my Converter stall too!

I just picked up 4 copies of the new truckin with my truck in it, WOW! I submitted that like a year ago! I guess they do get around to it.

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:56 PM
|
Originally posted by Hurricane Larry
Joe,
Actually, all that matters in drag racing is how QUICK you are, not how fast you are. Fast is measured in MPH. Quick is measured in seconds. And then of course there is that pesky issue of RT, but you didn't mention that.

BTW, you might want to slow down those fingers a bit. That was really hard to read.
Well I got him beat in the MPH sone too since he has a 3.73 gear to my 3.55 gears.

Old 05-22-2002 | 02:34 PM
RTKILLA

The next ILLNESS outing is June 16th at Byron.
IF you get it running by then, I can get you and Rob paired up. But be aware, he has some serious mods a coming before then.

Lightning Bob

Old 05-22-2002 | 02:46 PM
|
Re: RTKILLA

Originally posted by Lightning Bob
The next ILLNESS outing is June 16th at Byron.
IF you get it running by then, I can get you and Rob paired up. But be aware, he has some serious mods a coming before then.

Lightning Bob
I'm not to worried about his mods coming up since I didn't even get to spray my truck. I got a 50 shot sitting behind me waiting to get used too, plus I just installed new traction bars that I didn't get to try out yet. I'm really not worried about anyone in the Illness crew beating me with a Gen2. And now with my tranny getting pulled again this is the perfect time to get my 4.10 gears installed so chalk that one up.

I will stop at nothing to be the fastest Gen2 L in IL.

Did you run you truck yet bob? I'm hoping I can get everything done for the event, that is if I'm invited to an ILLNESS/NLOC event. I don't think I'll have her done, but I'm going to try.

Old 05-22-2002 | 03:40 PM
Hey Joe,

don't forget me,

Jim

Old 05-22-2002 | 03:56 PM
Don't like to make recommendations

However, please call MOGEY in San Bernadino Ca. He will fix your problems with FORDS already spent devlopment money on the 4R100 trans, Chet

Old 05-22-2002 | 03:57 PM
Sounds like there is some friendly competition in IL. Nice to see.

Old 05-22-2002 | 04:18 PM
As long as everyone is talking trash I thought I would remind ILLNESS that MKLO brought home the hardware from WFC.

Just havin fun; I enjoyed meeting some of the ILLNESS guys....you guys have way to much fun!

Old 05-22-2002 | 04:22 PM
Same tranny problem!!

I have an '01 with 8k miles on it. I had the same (or similar) issue. The truck just wouldn't shift out of 1st gear periodically, everything else was fine. There's a TSB out on it so Ford fixed it for me. About $1300 worth of repairs!!! You'd think they would have put in a new tranny for that much...:o

Quick Reply: Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!