Lightning

Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002 | 04:26 PM
Hey Weedo

Don't take this the wrong way ....i'm not meaning it in a bad way...
but just saw your sig. 13.2 with a 2001 with those mods seem really slow. You should be in the 12's. Does the arizona heat have alot to do wit this? Again, don't take this the wrong way.

Old 05-22-2002 | 05:08 PM
The altitude really kicks those guys in the gut.

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:12 PM
When you combine the heat, altitude, and incredibly poor track preparations, 12's are few and far between. There are a few people getting 12's, but it takes much more than a chip, filter, and pulley. Us old timers are use to your back east numbers - doesn't bother me any more. I would love to see you yankees put up with this out west.

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:16 PM
tallimeca

Yep, altitude, weather, and the track (traction) all play into this (as i'm sure you well know). You have to remember, 2-3 tenths of a second really isn't much when you have SO many other factors that come into play. What trap speed are you used to seeing? I hit 105.00, i don't think you see much more than 106 on average with these mods so the few tenths off isn't much. Also, that was my first and only time at the track with them. No matter how soft i launched or rolled into the throttle, i was spinning through most of 1st gear. Still beat a 2002 Vette automatic (13.7), 2002 Z28 with basic mods (13.7) and a 6-speed Firebird (15.1, couldn't shift i guess). So i bet if the Vette guy posted that he ran consistent 13.7's, they'd ask if he lives in AZ! Ha ha!!

Don't worry, i didn't take it the wrong way. Also, shift kit and Denso were not in yet when i made that run (maybe a tenth?).

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:26 PM
trap speed

trap speed looked good, what's why i didn't understand a 13.2 , with 2.1 60. I'm starting to learn at the track, my third run in my 2000 with chip & filter on f1's with a 40 mph headwind was 13.60....and that's with stock 3.53's. my trap speed was only 102.4 mph though with a 2.1 60ft.

What's this yankees crap. I'm from Boston. Go socks!!! Yankees suck!!!!

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:36 PM
Re: trap speed

Originally posted by tallimeca
What's this yankees crap. I'm from Boston. Go socks!!! Yankees suck!!!!
Calm down there big fella. If I was referring to the team, I would have capitalized the Y. I was referring to the old days. I'm sure there are some southerners that would correct me and say "you all are yankees if you’re not from the South". At least that was what I was told when I visited New Orleans once.

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:57 PM
tallimeca

QUOTE]my third run in my 2000 with chip & filter on f1's with a 40 mph headwind was 13.60....and that's with stock 3.53's. my trap speed was only 102.4 [/QUOTE]

Is that your best run? I thought you easterly guys were running quicker than that stock? I'll keep you posted, i should be hitting the track this weekend, woohoo!!

Old 05-22-2002 | 08:58 PM
When you get a time slip thats 12.272 or faster, come talk to me about racing cause until then I'm faster, HAHAHAHAHHAHA. I LOVE IT!!!
Hey, Mr. "RACER", get one thing straight. How can you call yourself a "racer" when you haven't been to ANY events this year ??? I've been to 3 in three different states. You didn't even bother showing up at the World Ford Challange because a week prior you read a bad weather forecast !!! WTF is that s**t Joe ??? How can 80 + trucks show up from at least a dozen different states without regard to the weather but Mr. Rtkilla can't come because he's busy hiding under the sheets from the big, bad weather boogieman ??? Give me a break dude.

I have a 1000 times more respect for people that come to these events and participate than for people like you that just make excuses. If all you want is to be the terror of the streets in Orland Park, Il than so be it. Good luck with the truck and maybe someday I'll see you at a track. But I doubt it.

Old 05-22-2002 | 10:39 PM
Hey Rob cool meeting you at the JDM setup at WFC. Are you going to be in Cordove in sept.? I hear the weather will be nice
Jason

Old 05-22-2002 | 10:49 PM
*sniff sniff*...that smells like a.....CHALLENGE!! I just bored enough to look forward to the results.

Old 05-22-2002 | 11:06 PM
I have 10,000 times more respect for a member who is helpful to people rather than pounding their chest over how many times they've driven across the country to an 'event'. See you at the track; definately.

Originally posted by SVTRobG

I have a 1000 times more respect for people that come to these events and participate than for people like you that just make excuses. If all you want is to be the terror of the streets in Orland Park, Il than so be it. Good luck with the truck and maybe someday I'll see you at a track. But I doubt it.

Old 05-22-2002 | 11:11 PM
I gotta agree, he sure toots his own horn alot for a street racer, why dont you drag that 12:27 over to detroit sometime, I might just have somthin for ya. Maybe if you quit worrying about having the fastest truck in your niehborhood you can go out and race with the men.What the hell has any of this rhetoric have to do with your transmission problems,My L runs 12s and I just use it for haulin parts for real race cars,when you start runnin 10s in your race truck you will impress some people, until then your just another guy with a nice, fun to drive, quick Pickup truck.

Old 05-23-2002 | 12:17 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Talking unbolt the training wheels...the weather is fine

RTKILLA, the Orland Park Sidewalk Drag Gunslinger extrordinaire awaits a challenge...or something.

Last edited by Speedin Bob; 05-23-2002 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-23-2002 | 12:26 AM
lol,, you guys are the best,, its why i read this board. I love my truck but i know its of no comparison to any of the trucks talking trash in this post. I do feel bad for the poor guy and his tranny woos,,,, if he really doesn't race it htat much,,,, then what the hell is he doing to his tranny,, i'm amazed,, what is that 3 trannies already for your truck,,,you have to get a new one each year it looks like. All this topped off with you not really racing it so much at the track just amazes me, there's got to be something wrong with a truck thats on the jackstands that much.

~Toast.

Tramshop,, well put,, detroit city rocks

Old 05-23-2002 | 02:48 AM
Ya know, the publicity from this is killing me, but we'll get the box fixed.
I was checking my notes on Joe's build and just remembered that when he brought his down it was one of the most toasted boxes I've seen then. He must have something going on with the engine, because he sure knows how to cook a tranny.

G

Quick Reply: Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!