Lightning

Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002 | 02:59 AM
Much sadness

Joe, Ryan and I invited you out to race last year out in Naperville... You said you'd go, but then never returned our calls. After all the talking up I did about your truck... Well, his WS6 turned out to be the fastest of the 25 or so cars and 2 Lightnings that showed up. You'll have to come out once you get your truck fixed. We'll shoot some vids.

Old 05-23-2002 | 07:01 AM
Ya know, the publicity from this is killing me, but we'll get the box fixed.

G-

I seriously doubt that your rep is being harmed by this. You have stepped up to the plate and doing your best to correct the problem. IMO this would not have any effect on whether or not I would buy one of your boxes, because I deffinitely will when the time comes.

Old 05-23-2002 | 07:39 AM
Originally posted by nostreetracing
Ya know, the publicity from this is killing me, but we'll get the box fixed.

G-

I seriously doubt that your rep is being harmed by this. You have stepped up to the plate and doing your best to correct the problem. IMO this would not have any effect on whether or not I would buy one of your boxes, because I deffinitely will when the time comes.
I feel the same way . I had a chance to meet Greg down at WFC.I really enjoyed bull*****ting with him . I got the impression that hes a stand up guy !. Hopefully by fall i can save enough for a monster box .
jason

Old 05-23-2002 | 07:54 AM
Crued/Sideshow Eric,

Who did your suspension drop for $ 20.00 you ungrateful ***** ???
If I'm such an a-hole why would I do that for a complete stranger ??? All you did in return was to start talking crap behind my back. If you want to judge people's character look in the mirror first.

By the way, both you and Joe have an open invitation to Byron Dragway on June 16th. I could drive out to Orland Park and you guys can follow me. Just so you don't get lost. Later.

Old 05-23-2002 | 08:25 AM
Thumbs down

OK Lets get away from bashing each other and back on topic...

Thanks
Doug

Old 05-23-2002 | 08:45 AM
Crued,

When you talk about Racers helping out,
You must be talking about Lightning Bob,

He continually stopped working on his Truck to help me and others at WFC as well as everytime we have raced together.

Hey Joe, WFC was held in IL, see you at Byron on the 16th, you are Cordially Invited.

Jim

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Crued
I have 10,000 times more respect for a member who is helpful to people rather than pounding their chest over how many times they've driven across the country to an 'event'. See you at the track; definately.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread but I can't let this statement go without bucking it!

RobG is a very helpful person! He helped me with the lowering of my truck and I live five states away from him. What did he have to gain? NOTHING!!

I've never met RobG personally but I sure hope to someday. He went out of his way to help me with expert advise that I used and asked NOTHING in return! He even offered to send me free parts to use. How can anybody say he's not helpful?

SVTRobG is a first class Dude!

Tim

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:09 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Tim. But I must correct you. I'm a first class Punk

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:28 AM
Rob-

you're only a punk if daddy bought your ride and you use his credit cards. It was nice meeting you and I will be at cordova and possibly ennis. Having seen your truck; pictures do not do it justice.

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:33 AM
Rob, if you weren't deaf and pompous maybe we wouldn't have the misunderstanding we do. I tried to explain it to you before, but you don't listen. I might add that Joe has been very helpful with my truck and doesn't treat me like crap cause I don't bring BEER. As far as local membership, a kind, helpful, personable person is far more valuable than an unpleasant drunk.

Joe broke another tranny, let the guy be rather than (once again) belittling him for not attending all your cub scout meetings.

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:36 AM
RobG and the rest of the ILLNESS folks I met at WFC are 1st class. I will be coming to Byron on the 16th. I won't be the quickest, but you can't win if ya don't show or break.

Mike

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:40 AM
Eric,

When you pull your head out of your a$$ let me know. The fresh air might do you good.

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:44 AM
Warning did no good...

CLOSED

Quick Reply: Ran my truck today and guess what? MY TRANNY IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!