Lightning

Anyone using the Nitto drag radials???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002 | 05:13 PM
|
Anyone using the Nitto drag radials???

Has anyone here experimented with the Nitto 555r's? I am about to go crazy with the traction problems I'm having. The track I go to doesn't prep very well, if at all. I would like to use my stock rims (ie. the Nitto's) but am not opposed to using a DOT slick as long as I can change them at home and drive to the track. Thanks for any help......
Jimmy

Old 05-22-2002 | 06:49 PM
Thumbs up

yes i use Nitto drags, and they are awesome! i love them, i got the 245/50/16's, even though i think they are a little short (26 inches), they hook so good that i dont care. i mounted them on my stock rims and just bolt them on before i go to the track. my 60's went down a tenth and overall i think i mighta got about 2 tenths consistently by switching to them. i wont race without them now!

Old 05-22-2002 | 07:05 PM
I have a set and will let everyone know how they work on a very high hp L. I hope to run 11s on them as soon as I get my engine back.

Old 05-22-2002 | 07:18 PM
I run a set of Nitto drag radials on my 01 L. I am making some decent horspower and gobs of torque, no hard numbers as I have not yet dynoed it. I have a 4lb pulley, chip, cold air [conical K&N] accufab throttle body and a few other minor mods. I run at a track where I dont think they have even heard of VHT or track preperation and The Nittos seem to work fairly well as long as I dont get to aggressive off the line, anything more than an idle when I leave and they spin bad enough to give me 2.25 to 2.30 60ft times. I think if you want consistent traction I would go with real slicks than you can put it up against the converter and leave as hard as you like.

Old 05-22-2002 | 08:38 PM
Rusty was running Nittos but changed over to the Hoosier slicks. He changes them at the track--he has a long trip from his home to the track. He thinks(last time I talked to him) that they are superior to the Nittos. You might try emailing(rmclain11@hotmail.com) him as he's been too busy pickin' onions to post lately.

Dan

Old 05-22-2002 | 11:07 PM
|
Thanks for the info guys. I'm kind of leaning towards the e/t streets or waiting for the hoosier 28's. It would be nice (just once) to not have any wheel spin leaving the line. Thanks again....

Old 05-23-2002 | 12:52 AM
Thumbs up NITTO 555 R !!!!!

I love my Nittos drag radials they are great for the stompimg around I do!! I have tried them at the track and with a little burnout they stick awesome!! I have tried the M/T Streets didn't last half the mileage I got out of my Nitto's but on the track they hooked awesome!!! On the streets I would use the Nittos 555R!!!
I'm just stock at this point so no big HP. here but I'm stuck on them I will definately buy another set!!

Old 05-23-2002 | 06:31 AM
They work pretty good on my Mustang. A huge difference between them and a street tire. Also, there is a big difference in how well they work on the strip, depending on if you do a burnout or not. On my car, they work a lot better after doing a burnout.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the Nitto drag radials???