Lightning

One wheel quits on burnout ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002 | 07:29 PM
A spool won't work on the street. The first time you gas it in a turn, you will learn the meaning of SERIOUS understeer. If you have any traction, the truck will go straight, with the wheels turned.

Old 05-23-2002 | 10:17 PM
Wink

I had JDM replace my clutch pak after the Fords at Englishtown Race (get together) last year. I was running single track all weekend and when they pulled it apart she was smoked. I do, did, a lot of free wheeling burn outs and from what I have been told it is one of the worst things that you can do to the rear end. You might want to pull the cover off and take a look at your clutch pak.
Bill

Old 05-23-2002 | 11:17 PM
I agree with Jay that you don't want a spool for the street, they are race only. Doing a burnout with only one wheel spinning is only going to waste the clutches faster. There is a torque spec to test the clutches. With one wheel stationary they'll measure how much torque it takes to turn the other, if it is below specs (which form what you say I'm sure yours is) you need to get new clutches.

Old 05-24-2002 | 08:34 AM
|
Thanks for the responses to everyone. Phil, maybe we can get
together in the next few weeks , and Buddy, thanks a lot for your input also. May run into you at 42 soon.
Like I originally stated, this is has only happened a few times but
I was getting a little concerned.
Thanks again to all for the help.

Marc

Quick Reply: One wheel quits on burnout ?