Lightning

Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002 | 12:58 PM
I didn't plan to reply to this post since it originally had nothing to do with PSP, but now it does, so I'll make a few comments.

The Delta chip is a multiple program chip, it is not a knock sensor chip. The knock sensor deal is just a different program, that can be loaded on a single Diablo chip. I don't really think it looks like our PSP dual or four program chips, but then again, any multiprogram chip is going to have the same parts, a module, wires, and switch assembly.

As for Diablo being the first to use the knock sensor programs, that is not true. I was doing knock sensor program testing back in early 99, before there even was Diablo. I've run the programs on my own trucks, and on a few customer trucks, and it does work. But there were problems that arose with it that I did not like and therefore I chose not to "market" those programs. Diablo is the first to offer the knock sensor programs to the public. How well they work or not, is not for me to comment on, as I have not seen the actual programming on one.

Old 05-24-2002 | 02:18 PM
FYI: JLP has the new delta chips available now also.
http://www.johnnylightningperf.com

Old 05-24-2002 | 02:29 PM
Actually he does not have them for sale I talked to him yesterday and he does have the chips but know way to program them. He is waiting on a new programer because the Delta chip uses a new code.

Old 05-24-2002 | 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
. . .The Delta chip is a multiple program chip, it is not a knock sensor chip. The knock sensor deal is just a different program, that can be loaded on a single Diablo chip. As for Diablo being the first to use the knock sensor programs, that is not true. I was doing knock sensor program testing back in early 99, before there even was Diablo. . . . .
------------------------------------
Thank you for setting me straight and for the information regarding the whole 'knock-sensor' thing. I like your company and prefer to do business with them when the occasion arises.
About your chip looking similar to the Diablo. . .well I guess I was mistaken. I went back to your website and looked and I'm wrong. (The grey wire sheathing looks similar. . .that's about it.) Ooppss.

Thanks again,

Old 05-24-2002 | 02:52 PM
No problem, I just wanted to clarify what was being said by some, as it was obvious that not everyone was on the same page here as far what exactly the Delta chip was.

Old 05-24-2002 | 03:04 PM
Sorry for the confusion, the delta chip is a multi-program chip that can contain a knock sensor program if you would like. Otherwise, you can go with a standard program.

Old 05-24-2002 | 03:06 PM
|
MiamiWhite...Yeah I do wish I was still heading down but duty calls..sucks...

Sal-

Yes I remember seeing something about the autologic chip and knock sensor, but it was really never put in play. Thanks for clearing some of that up for me

Well yall I am headed to Mississippi, hope to be posting from there soon!

Take care
Q

Quick Reply: Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!