Lightning

Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!

Check out what I got in the mail from Paul (TzRider)today!!!

Figured I would post this up and let yall know it's out and shipping It pretty cool!!! Change programs on the fly(unless you want that disabled), you have your stock ECU and then 2 programs such as street and race..or what ever you like. I haven't had a chance to get it mounted up the way I want yet but I will be sure to post pics when it's done.

Enjoy

Q

Last edited by qball2439; 05-23-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Wow...

Thats some nice stuff... Ill be sure to giving Paul a call in some time to get me one of those.

Old 05-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Someone please refresh my memory (being as how old I am and can't remember a thing!)

What's so special about this chip? I believe it was the Detonation Eliminator correct? Has this been proven yet through extensive R&D? How does it eliminate detonation? Any long term ill effects?

This chip, I'm guessing it WON'T be exclusive to Paul, and Johnny, ALL Diablo dealers will be able to burn a "Delta" chip. If I go to my local Diablo dealer, will they have the Delta chips in now? How can I tell the difference (aside from that big ol' cord coming from the chip) it looks the same. How much for a dual, four program chip?

I think that's all the questions I have right now!
being as I've melted two sets of plugs, I think I'm allowed to ask this many questions!

Old 05-23-2002, 11:42 PM
My understanding is the "delta" chip is just the first available Diablo flip-chip.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:26 AM
the pawn is probably right since "DELTA" is defined as "change"(noun) or "difference."

Old 05-24-2002, 02:46 AM
all i care about is that does it have the knock sensor or not ?

Old 05-24-2002, 09:36 AM
yes, it does have the knock sensor

Old 05-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the knock sensor thing sounds great, but, i would imagine the only time the car would need the chip to pull timing or something because of detonation, is after the truck has already detonated,
correct?

it's not like the chip says, hmmmm, i think we might detonate, so lets pull some timing, lol.

Old 05-24-2002, 10:38 AM
True, it will not work untill detonation has occurred, but when it detects the first one and works at the speed of light, it can disallow any MORE detonation. With a motor turning 6000 rpm (# used for easy math), it is firing each cylinder 25 times a second (4stroke motor). I'm sure we'd only prefer one dotonation rather than, say, 4 or 5 seconds worth.

Old 05-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Thumbs up

QBALL- Good post.

I think it's time for WrongdayJ to step up and get one.

I've always been kinda fond of Diablo's stuff (from a packaging and marketing perspective). But having said that. . .is it just me or does this new Diablo unit look curiously similar to PSP's flip chip? I don't know if PSP's reads the knock sensor though.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Old 05-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Diablo is the first to get the knock sensor working. Really though, how much different can you make the flip chip look. It looks just like any other Diablo chip w/ a industry standard style connection, a wire, a toggle switch and some LED's. What else is there to change?

Old 05-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by WrongdayJ
QBALL- Good post.

But having said that. . .is it just me or does this new Diablo unit look curiously similar to PSP's flip chip?
My PSP chip looked nothing like that one....

I hope it works well, I still like having my truck tuned to a fully advanced timing rather than a floating curve. This may work well, but it may not. For street playing with all the different types of gas and all it may work GREAT!! But for the track I think a fully advanced and tuned chip with you custom mixture of gas with perform better. Once somone that has dyno tuned their truck trys this one we could have some good results to go by.....

Think about it... If you have your truck DYNO tuned to the limits, thats all you can get. But with variying temps and gas this chip will help some, but you can also do the same thing by changing your gas mixture...

Last edited by ICULOKN; 05-24-2002 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
from a marketing standpoint, diablo is a company with big bucks behind them.

not to knock diablo, as i used to run their chip, however, the programs are too agressive imo.

i know everyone thinks this knock sensor will be the "thing to have",
but imo it makes a lot more sense to have a properly tuned chip in the first place.

i know wesley is about as smart as it comes, and i have always liked the autologic stuff

Old 05-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Re: Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!

Originally posted by qball2439
Check out what I got in the mail from Paul (TzRider)today!!!

Q
I'll bet you wish you'd have been able to make it down here to South FLA huh.....you'd of been able to dyno tune your new flip chip with Paul in a few weeks.....I think I may have to step up to the plate and see what this new chip is all about.

I think I'll be giving ol' Pauly a call shortly

JC

Old 05-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 99svtlightning
Diablo is the first to get the knock sensor working. Really though, how much different can you make the flip chip look. It looks just like any other Diablo chip w/ a industry standard style connection, a wire, a toggle switch and some LED's. What else is there to change?
I understand Diablo is the first to get the knock sensor operational. And you are right. . .how much different can you make it look. My answer would be that I guess that depends on the originality/creativity of the manufacturer. I'm not knocking Diablo. . .like I said- I like their stuff and may very well get one of their new chips. I wonder how much they're going for. Think I'll cruise over to a couple websites and check it out.

Later,

Quick Reply: Got Delta Chip? w00t I DO!