Lightning

Not only modded Lightning's with problems....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002 | 01:38 AM
|
Thumbs down Not only modded Lightning's with problems....

A few notes from my Buddy @ the local ford dealership.....

I know you were concerned about your buddies truck coming in with all the mods on it for warrenty repair. I went ahead and looked up the serivce tickets for Lightnings in or shops and I dont think it will be a problem since he is having a known problems. The head leak has a TSB on it anyways and we have done like 9 transmissons this year alone. We also have had 5 stock trucks that needed motors as well. I remember looking at one of the trucks myself because it was lowered and all, but the PCM had not been touched. I guess out of the 40 or so we have sold 5-10 have came back with issues. Tell him to ask for me and I will take care of it.

This was in a email to me from a friend of mine at a local dealership. I guess there are some bad stock trucks to!! Makes you think dosent it!!!

Old 06-07-2002 | 07:08 AM
Could it Be ????

That maybe these trucks are driven a little harder than others? even when they are bone stock? hmmmmm
blown head gasket and torn up trannies... wouldnt be indicative of a non-granny like driving style, now would it?

with tongue deeply implanted in cheek
dboat

Quick Reply: Not only modded Lightning's with problems....