Lightning

NJ - Bergen & Passaic Co. NJ L guys - help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NJ - Bergen & Passaic Co. NJ L guys - help?

Hey, without sounding too desparate let me just say it right off the back that I don't need any other help than that of you showing up at your convenience to a local event held weekly on a Saturday night... here in Northern Jersey. Ok here's the deal:

Me and Kyle, went to the Whiskey Cafe Cruise Night in Lyndhurst, NJ... and met two really cool Lightning owners there... one with an '01 Silver one - stock, and as he pulled out an '02 Red one - with Cervini hood pulled in...

Both great people and were eager to meet other L owners from the area. And both also expressed interest in our upcomming meet on July 21st at JDM Engineering ( www.jdm.jerseyvics.com )

So here's where we need your help, all you locals: Craig ('02 - black), Vin ('00 - black), Dan ('00 - black), Dave ('01 - white), etc... (believe me there's a ton of others) please come out next Saturday for a night out at a show so we could have a whole line of Lightnings, I will have the flyers made for the JDM meet as well as for everyone to join the SVT Registries, and it will be a lot of fun!

There was a ton of people walking up to Kyle's truck and saying: "Wow, its a Lightning!" so I mean people know what these babies are and a few guys that walked up actualy have L's of their own, so if we get them to hang out with us, it will certainly be better for the Lightning community in Northern Jersey, heh!

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, please say so here, or if you're a lurker and don't feel like posting, e-mail me: jerseyvics@aol.com for any details you need, or directions.... I will also post them on here later on. The show is on Wall St. in Lyndhurst, NJ by the Medeval Times (the big *** castle) off RT 3 and RT 17 in the Meadowlands... the show is every Saturday Night from 5:45pm (LOL) come early to get a good spot to 9:00pm... On average there are about 300 other cars there every Saturday night (many Classics, Antiques, Mustangs, Corvettes and tonight there was a Viper...) and about 30 to 40 bikes (ranging from Harley's to Hondas), with contests and trophies, so its not like you will be bored, plus you'll have the pleasure of watching tons of people starring at your trucks and complimenting you on them! FUN...

see ya there,
--Russ

PS. No peel-outs, Lyndhurst cops sit ready nearby and if they hear tires screaching they'll get you... also a lot of cops that are car enthusiasts are walking around the show checking out all the cars there and they'll have no problem calling the PO-PO on you if they see you goofing off, so be aware, thats why this show is very safe!

Old 06-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Russ,
I know just where your talking about. They use to have the meetings on a Tuesday night and a classic Car show up at the ICE Cream Bar on Wensday nights in No. Arlington.
I find myself in the Mediaval times area alot. I use to be a member of the Classic Gym back down the road alittle further, in the same industrial park.
The Cops hang out there alot but I don't think there out to harasse anyone, I got a ticket in my Work truck from coming down that steep hill there....The had a tiny little sign that said " No vehicle over 4 tons" opps.

Take care,
should be nice gathering.
John
NLOC 52

Old 06-08-2002, 11:41 PM
Thumbs up

Hey John,

I was just telling Kyle that there's a cruise night every other night here in Jersey...

Tuesdays - Saddle Brook Bennigans - small...
Wednesdays - Wyckoff Cruise Night - decent size...
Thursdays - Edison Cruise Night - decent size...
Fridays - Somerset Cruise Night - decent size...
Saturdays - Whiskey Cafe Lyndhurst Cruise Night - HUGE!!!

If you're in the area on Saturday come on down...

I'll be doing two meets next Saturday, hehe... well if you could call it that.

first 9:30am me and a few StangNet friends are heading out towards Bear Mountain / 7 Lakes for a BBQ meet for StangNet stangers... Straight from there I'm down to the Whiskey Cafe Cruise Night in Lyndhurst where I hope about 5 Lightnings show up... that would be real cool, cause tonight only 2 Lightnings atracted a great deal of attention...

even my Crown Vic was getting a lot of attention, everyone was saying "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" in a voice as if they thought there's a monster under the hood... too bad I got a puny 4.6L V8 281......... D'oh!

--Russ

Old 06-09-2002, 01:41 AM
I wasn't sure if there was one tonight or not, so I didn't end up heading over... guess I should have.

Daniel

Old 06-09-2002, 01:52 AM
Thumbs up

bro I tried calling your Cell... but your Voicemail went on like right away... I didn't wanna leave a message cause I figured you were doing something important and by the time you got it you wouldn't be able to make it... sooooo if you come next Saturday you'll be the 4th confirmed L... just come around 6 so that you all guys get a chance to park in one line... I don't think you have to stay the full 3 hours though, it gets boring fast, LOL

--Russ

Old 06-10-2002, 06:07 PM
Question

ok it looks like so far we'll have 4 locals:

1). 1999 Black L
2). 2000 Black L
3). 2001 Silver L
4). 2002 Red L

anybody else wanna swing by for a few minutes... Its a huge car show, you might be interested in some other cars there if you don't like looking at L's anymore...

main objective is to get people interested to come to the July 21st meet at JDM's because there's a lot of Lightning owner lurkers in the crowd...

--Russ

Old 06-10-2002, 06:25 PM
I'll know later in the week...but with about 300 classic cars and a mini L meet...sound like fun...I better charge up those batteries for the camera.

Andy

Old 06-10-2002, 06:30 PM
D@MB,D@MB,D@MB

I can not make it.I am on my brothers pit crew for a race car that runs every saturday night a New Egypt raceway.Would really like to be there and support the L group.Sorry

VINNIE

Old 06-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Rest In Peace
Thumbs up

Ive been there lots of nites with the lightning and my friends who had the gnx, and shelby durango were there to. I was gonna go this past saturday with them but i never made it hopefully if its nice this weekend i will try and make it there.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:32 AM
02 True Blue Here

Located in Franklin Lakes area....Im up to come out and hangout...No doubt...Anyone have an aftermarket air filter for sale by chance...Thanks Sono Ps I might drag my friend with a 02 ZO6....We raced from a dead stop and were just about dead even to about 85 then shut down...I really have new found respect for this truck...He didn't launch it but it was still nice to give him a good run....He was suprised...

Old 06-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Thumbs up

Andy - if you wanna come all the way down from NYC you're certainly welcome to, heh I could almost guarantee you'll have a ton of fun, and a ton of pictures before you leave!

Vinnie with the red L - no worries bro, you live all the way down in Central Jersey so it would be a haul for you to come anyway, have fun at the Racing bro, I'd have to come watch it sometime in the future!

Vinnie with the black L - bro, definitely bring all the friends you can grab! That Shelby Durango was really good looking at the Garden State Meet, here it will certainly fit in, although I haven't seen any other trucks of its type there... mostly regular durangos...

2002TrueBlue dude - come on down and bring the Vette frined along... last time there were 10 to 15 late model Vettes and they all sorta parked next to each other which was pretty cool... no one wanted to park next to the Red Viper except me and Kyle, hehe, and even than it was really funny cause everyone was running up to all three cars, first pointing fingers at the Viper - "oooo look its a Viper" than on to the next thing on the menu - "oooo look its a Lightning" and of course the one that surprised me the most was: - "ooo look its a REAL Police Interceptor!" haha, that had me laughing!

see you all there!

--Russ

Old 06-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Rest In Peace
Thumbs up

Russ
The Shelby durangos they only made like 300 something of them and the one my friend has with no racing stripes is one of like 3 with no racing stripes that they made special order for some doctors or something. Im not sure i will have to ask my friend about it.

Old 06-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Re: 02 True Blue Here

Originally posted by 2002TREUBLUE
Anyone have an aftermarket air filter for sale by chance...

I have a Airaid sitting around.

Andy

Teamsnafu1@aol.com

Old 06-11-2002, 07:00 PM
looks like rain for Sat.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Yea, my AOL Weather Channel thing shows the same thing...

No Worries! If it rains, we can do it the following Saturday, this is a weekly type of deal, so people please don't get your hopes up... or down.

--Russ

Quick Reply: NJ - Bergen & Passaic Co. NJ L guys - help?