Lightning

Most fun yet in my new L!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002 | 12:58 AM
|
Most fun yet in my new L!!!

I was going down the four-lane highway here in my hometown today when I spotted a Pontiac Firebird WS6 in the lane up ahead. So I speed up to catch up to him but he did not want to play. We caught the redlight up ahead & as the light turned green we both eased of from the light, he floored it. Then, so did I. At the begining he was about half-length ahead, then I caught up to him, then got just a nose ahead of him. We had got it up to 90 when he got off of it. (because I was pulling ahead a little...) He pulled over just ahead & we talked briefly. He said his car was stock...I have the JDM Stage 1 Kit. My question to you lightning guys is....Was my truck running about right?...Should I have been further ahead or is that about right? I know the WS6's are pretty quick.

Old 06-09-2002 | 01:04 AM
id say somethings not rightwith your truck. I beat a ram air in my 01 stock and he was decently modded. The boy had a real bad launch though and was awefull at shifting so the car was way of what it could do.Maybee he was modded and just wouldnt tell you.

Old 06-09-2002 | 04:07 AM
I can tell you this from my dealings with each of the cars....

Stock WS6 or SS- 13.0-14.0 depending on Driver skill!! My buddy has one and runs 13.40's a few of us drive it and get it down close to the 13.0's!! They are very driver unfriendly!!!

Stock L's 13.40-14.0 Some faster and some slower, again based on driver and how good of a truck they got... LOL

Now if you have a stage one I am guessing that is like the Chip/Filter/Line valve/Breather cap setup I think? On your best day you may see a 13.0 give or take a tenth. Some are faster but I am talking Average stuff. If he was a good driver and you dont run but lets say 13.30's, he prob would pull away some, those cars have alot more MPH than our L's through the 1/4 mile!!

Old 06-09-2002 | 08:55 AM
You did very well, cause as you described it, he got off the clutch and then punched it.... much more reliable for him...no clutch play under stress.....You did very well.

Old 06-09-2002 | 11:36 AM
You did fine.

My bud's wife's automatic 01 WS6 ran a 13.20 @ 106 totally stock. His 99 hardtop 6 speed Vette runs 12.60's @ 112 with a modded air box and a cat back. Those LS1's are no joke, just need to be driven hard.

At the track the other night there were 3 late model midly modded (heads, cam, headers, ect) running low 12's ET wise but with 117 - 120 mph trap speeds on motor. I thought they were spraying and was quickly shown the lack of NOS in the engine department, very impressive.

Quick Reply: Most fun yet in my new L!!!