Lightning

WTF!! I got a ticket this afternoon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002 | 11:54 PM
|
Angry WTF!! I got a ticket this afternoon!

I was pulling into the parking lot of the 34th District court(Romulus. MI) to take care of some probation issues, when a cop pulling out of the parking lot just stares as I pull in. Next thing I know I see him put his car in reverse and comes right behind me and flashes the lights. I'm thinking what the hell!! So he proceeds to ask for all my paperwork, and while handing him my paperwork I'm just thinking to myself he must be bored. And He gives me a window tint ticket! Just my luck! When I go see my P.O. and I tell him what happends he just shakes his head and smiles. Sorry so long! Just had to let out some steam! Thanks guys!

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:04 AM
is it true that once you are out of your car, they can not give you a ticket for something like that? My friend was walking into Kroger, and a cop walked up to him and told him to go back to his car, and he gave him a seatbelt ticket once they were back at the car. Would you really have to go back to your car if the cop told you to?

--Justin

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:08 AM
Sounds like a BS ticket to me cop must have been bored.

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:19 AM
no,, you really dont have to get back into your car,,,, there is no law that says you have to in the state of michigan unless you are somehow showing force or fleeing

~Toast

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:20 AM
lightning 0531,,, thats why you should drive with the windows down good for you when you have window tints

~Toast

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:20 AM
if the window tint is there, what can you do but pay the ticket...

sounds like you got my luck when it comes to cops, and I drive an ex-cop car! sorry to hear you got busted, but what do you expect when its illegal... eh

--Russ

Old 06-12-2002 | 01:22 AM
I think the ticket thing is catching! I got a speeding ticket on Saturday night! As soon as he pulled me over I rolled down both of my illegally tinted windows!!!!

Old 06-12-2002 | 08:01 AM
Thats why I wont get my windows tinted........cops in MI look for that stuff. I think I do a good enough job of drawing attention to my L.

--Joe

Old 06-12-2002 | 08:13 AM
Be careful out there. A lot of local and state budgets are deep in the red right now, and the politicos are looking for ANY means of supplementing the budget. The sin taxes have all been increased, now it's time to draw blood.

I imagine that pressure trickles down to the enforcement level by means of new "traffic safety" campaigns. I've noticed a lot more speed traps in my area over the past couple of months. I guess catching felons doesn't pay as well as ticketing speeders.

Old 06-12-2002 | 09:07 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
I still don't understand why window tint is illegal in some states but not in others. I guess down here it's more of a necessity...

Old 06-12-2002 | 09:17 AM
Uh oh. I smell a cop "ball busting" thread coming.
Usually I would join in but there are a few badges on this board and I always get yelled at.
So, in this case I will just say that I agree with Soap, the Barney Fife's around here grew up dreaming of being cops to torture the kids that made fun of them in middle/high school.
Funny story......My last car was a 99 drop-top Cobra and the Brighton MI. cops had a boner for yankin me to the side of the road once a week or so. Anyhow, one time I was stopped for,.....cant remember but it was either window tint or having smoked headlight covers. Anyway, kitty-corner accross the street a kid in a red firebird, who was notorious for being the local contact if you wanted a little of the "smokey-smokey", was stopped with about four kids leaning into his car. So I look at the honorable officer next to me and said, "No to be picky, but you know that kid in the red bird over there is selling a load of Jamaican sweet-grass to those kids right in front of you, don't you?"
His educated response....."I'll do my job....you worry about whatever yours is."

To protect and serve.

Chow.

Old 06-12-2002 | 09:23 AM
Cruising 695 a few weeks ago

When traffic suddenly gets snarled and Im thinking, kinda surprising for a Saturday. Eventually I get to see what the problem is. A station wagon at a dead stop in the middle of the highway with another car parked behind it and the driver of the other car leaning into the window of the station wagon and looking panicked while he talked into a cell phone. And where was the nearest cop? about 100 yards up the road making sure to ticket one of those deadly, hazzardous speeders.

Old 06-12-2002 | 09:37 AM
We all know what cops hate tinted windows, but i think its not fair to screw everybody just because some people feel the need to shoot cops with tinted windows.

I feel the same way about the front plate law, WHY? if I'm speeding from a cop, he's not going to be checking my front plate now is he.

Old 06-12-2002 | 10:47 AM
Damn pigs!

Old 06-12-2002 | 04:59 PM
Total BS and waste of your time and his. I'll be the first to admit that.

Quick Reply: WTF!! I got a ticket this afternoon!