Lightning

Front bra/mask

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002 | 12:16 PM
|
Front bra/mask

Hi,

Do any of you know of another source for a front bra for a 2001 Lightning other than from Fordcollections? The reason being that it takes approximately 6 weeks to recieve it! I am taking a trip at the end of the month and need it by then. Or if any of your are selling one or know anyone that is selling one send them my way. You can email me at robertc128@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Robert

Old 06-15-2002 | 02:09 AM
|
Can anyone help me out with this? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again.

Robert

Old 06-15-2002 | 02:25 AM
Here ya go

Downs Ford.It does say special order so I do not know how long.
VINNIE

http://www.thefordsource.com/store/m...ightning_2.htm

Old 06-15-2002 | 11:19 AM
Can't help you out, but it does take a long time from www.fordcollection.com I ordered mine and when it arrived I forgot about it because of the delay in recieving it

Old 06-15-2002 | 12:47 PM
not to be an **** or anything but i read an article just recently about bras and masks and such. they put one on a car for about 2 months and then took it off and underneath it was all this dirt, waterspots, and all around chit. maybe it was just the bra they used. i dunno though. oh yeah and fast gator... your Lightning looks like its one of those prototype cars you see bein driven around detroit and phoenix and such. just my 2 cents

Old 06-15-2002 | 03:56 PM
Bras

You don't leave them on all the time. Road trips. Saves the front end from bugs and rocks.

Mark

Old 06-15-2002 | 04:33 PM
Old 06-15-2002 | 04:58 PM
Originally posted by wannanicecar
not to be an **** or anything but i read an article just recently about bras and masks and such. they put one on a car for about 2 months and then took it off and underneath it was all this dirt, waterspots, and all around chit. maybe it was just the bra they used. i dunno though. oh yeah and fast gator... your Lightning looks like its one of those prototype cars you see bein driven around detroit and phoenix and such. just my 2 cents
You don't leave it on for months at a time. It just saves the front end on road trips and summertime bugs.........a prototype, with just a bra?.....you should see it with the " bra and panties"

Old 06-15-2002 | 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Robert,

With a few phone calls it can be to you in less than a week, and I got mine in 2 days. Haven't used it on the road yet, as it looks like garbage, I think.

One of the basic "tricks" is to find out who actually makes it, and then get a good contact inside that company wjo can actually walk it thru and make it happen NOW. I posted the info on the manufacturer here last August after doing the legwork to make it happen quick for a trip I was planning at that time.

I also don't like using bras in general, as they cause at least as much damage as they prevent. Paint color change, damage to paint if you drive it much faster than 60-70 mph, etc. I doubt I'll ever use the SVT Lightning bra on the road.

The bottom line is, you don't have to wait 4-8 weeks like everyone else with a little ingenuity.

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2002 | 04:16 AM
|
Thanks for the replies guys!

Mike,
I found your post about the bra being Covercraft Part# ME 42035. How would I go about getting the inside connections in order to get it ASAP?!? Do you still have that insider help? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Robert

Old 06-17-2002 | 04:03 PM
|
Mike,

I made a few calls and they are shipping me one out tomorrow and I should get it by Thurday.
Did you ever get around to using yours? You said the instructions were a little vague so I just wanted to know if you or anyone else had any tips on the install. Thanks for the help guys.

Robert

Old 06-24-2002 | 09:53 PM
|
I received the bra and it seems to be good quality. However, the instructions are extremely nonhelpful. Can any of you help me out and provide some of your own instructions and/or tips? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Robert

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:59 AM
I had one on my 93 Beretta. I wouldn't do it again. marks the heck out of the paint especially if you get dirt and stuff under there. They are great for long road trips but not for daily driving. IMO

Old 06-25-2002 | 08:14 AM
Originally posted by QKSILVR
They are great for long road trips
I think that's the only reason he bought it

--Joe

Old 06-25-2002 | 08:34 AM
Originally posted by drcarrillo
I received the bra and it seems to be good quality. However, the instructions are extremely nonhelpful. Can any of you help me out and provide some of your own instructions and/or tips? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Robert
dr,
If you haven't put it on yet here's some tips:
1. Test fit to determine locations of velcro under hood.
2. Wipe velcro locations with alcohol before you try to install velcro.
3. Do the velcro under the hood first. Attach the bra and pull down tight, then bend the under-bumper tabs into position.
4. Install the velcro in the fender wells and bend the tabs while pulling the bra tight.
5. The hood piece is easy, put it on and make it tight.
Don't listen to the nay sayers, if you have it tight, take it of and clean it, plus keep the truck waxed, bra won't hurt it.

Quick Reply: Front bra/mask