Lightning

After running California Speedway, my new L won't see much track time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002 | 12:42 AM
|
Wink After running California Speedway, my new L won't see much track time...

I finally got a photo posted of my new Lightning. It has most of the suspension from the old red truck (affectionately my dumb red truck). The photo wasn't the greatest because I took it late in the evening when I arrived at California Speedway. It was about 2 am and I was tired...

The day at the track was a blast and I strongly suggest that anyone in the Los Angeles area get in touch with the SoCal SVTOA. They are a great group and also have BIG plans and strong sponsors. I will be attending more of their events even if it requires a brutal drive down and back.

But, why won't my new Lightning see much track time? I drove it at the track and since some parts from the old suspension aren't on the new one yet, I took it real easy and played around. I couldn't believe how much the rear end sucks without the panhard bar. Sooner or later, I'll get it on.

I guess that doesn't answer the question though, why won't the L see much track time? Well, I got a different Ford F150 for the track!
Here are some pictures.

The white L will still see track time, but not as much as in the past.

Spike

Old 06-13-2002 | 02:17 AM
Spike, is Azeem the cause of all of this? That looks so nice. Can you tell us more about the F150. Good luck.

Steve
99L

Old 06-13-2002 | 02:34 AM
|
Originally posted by Calightnin
Spike, is Azeem the cause of all of this? That looks so nice. Can you tell us more about the F150. Good luck.

Steve
99L
I blame both Azeem and Stan - they think otherwise!

There's not much to say about the "f150" other than it's 1700lbs as you see it. All it needs is an engine, headers, tranny, driveshaft and seat. Mufflers are optional.

The suspension is currently setup for circle track. But, all I have to do is replace the driver's side upper control arm ($59) and it's ready for the road courses. I haven't decided what engine I'll put in it yet, but the tranny will be an auto because my wife will be driving it also.

Spike

Old 06-13-2002 | 07:28 AM
Spike,

Are you going to tow with your L? Thats what I plan to do. It will look really cool towing and playing with that baby!!

Old 06-13-2002 | 07:43 AM
Thumbs up

Spike......

WOW!....thats way too cool man....

Wait till Speedin Bob see's this....LOL
He will have to have one....
Good Luck, I think that is really great.

Franko

Old 06-13-2002 | 07:48 AM
Me likey!!!!

One Question? I see the shock/coil set-up in the rear but what about the front.Shocks only?

VINNIE

Old 06-13-2002 | 10:54 AM
|
Re: Me likey!!!!

Originally posted by VINNIE
One Question? I see the shock/coil set-up in the rear but what about the front.Shocks only?

VINNIE
The coil is hidden. If you look at the center of the picture between the adjustable upper control arms, you'll see a jack nut for the spring.

Old 06-13-2002 | 12:53 PM
Angry

You are killing me George! How can an unemployeed punk like me keep up with the spikeses?

Old 06-13-2002 | 02:25 PM
|
Originally posted by thulsadoom
You are killing me George! How can an unemployeed punk like me keep up with the spikeses?
The formula is simple:

1. Study, always learn and never be closed minded, even if you disagree.

2. Focus on your God-given talents. Only you know what the talent is, so don't ignore it. The true sign of maturity is honesty with yourself.

3. If you focus on 2, above, money will never be a problem because it's never the focus or concern (it shouldn't be).

4. Always, always, always try to be the most honorable gentleman you know. The rewards will alway exceed the effort beyond belief.

5. Give more than you receive and always tell the truth.

There's more but if you focus on the above, years from now someone will ask you the same. You'll have learned that it all about finding out what is important and that it's so simple.

Spike

Old 06-13-2002 | 02:58 PM
WOW Spike, that was very very well said.

And good luck with that new toy That looks like it's going to be alot of fun.

Now unto a humorous note:

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED AS I MATURED

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just *******s.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better have a big weenie
or huge *****.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

I've learned that you can keep puking long after you think you're finished.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.

I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades, and there had better be a lot of money to take its place.

I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away.

Old 06-13-2002 | 03:03 PM
Spike -- the race F150 is gorgeous!

I've been mulling the idea of one too... I've seen a couple nice condition ones going for around $10k....

Daniel

Old 06-13-2002 | 03:03 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Sir Spikey,

You went apexig Panhardless? EEEEEEEK

Now as for that other F150, OOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAA

Looks to be an interesting project indeed. Putting an L powertrain in there? (joke)

Cant wait to see videos of it on-track....

Bob

Old 06-13-2002 | 03:13 PM
|
Originally posted by thepawn
Spike -- the race F150 is gorgeous!

I've been mulling the idea of one too... I've seen a couple nice condition ones going for around $10k....

Daniel
I was lucky and got it for MUCH less (you'd be shocked). I still am.

Spike

Old 06-13-2002 | 03:15 PM
|
Originally posted by Speedin Bob
...Looks to be an interesting project indeed. Putting an L powertrain in there? (joke)
Believe it or not, I was thinking about doing that.

Old 06-13-2002 | 04:46 PM
I think I have figured out what my god given talents are! I am a great daydreamer and I really know how to pi$$ people off.......Oh *****, I'm screwed!

Quick Reply: After running California Speedway, my new L won't see much track time...