Lightning

New Lightning Member

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002 | 11:24 AM
|
Talking New Lightning Member

Hello all,
After much research on the site I must say how impressed I am by all the info I've gained for my new toy. I had to sell my sportbike to afford the L but I'd do the trade again anyday in a heartbeat. Let me begin by saying that I've had my 2000 L for almost a month. Put on about 1000 miles so far. It had 1200 miles when I bought it. Thats not a misprint either. The guy never drove it. You don't even want ot know what I bought it for. $23,500. Came with a cab on the back too but looked gay. Also cat-back flowmasters. My g-friend has become quite jealous of the truck because I think I love it more than her. I have sooo many questions I don't even know where to start. Before I start any mods I want to get my recalls done. I've heard of the wiper motor recall, the intercooler recall,seat recall, and my damn brakes are squeling already and I'm also getting the famous "CLUNK" noise too when I make hard turns. Will the dealership fix all this under my current warrenty? Also who has info on getting extended warranties as far as $$$ for the L's. Thanks.
Tim

Old 06-21-2002 | 11:46 AM
Oh hell, another Tim!

Yeah they should fix all of those things.

You won't be wanting an extended warranty as soon as you start modding it and don't say you won't.

Welcome to the board,

Tim

Old 06-21-2002 | 01:54 PM
Welcome
Doug

Old 06-21-2002 | 02:01 PM
Welcome!!

Tey will fix that stuff, but once you start modding, I hope you have a mod friendly dealership!!

Old 06-21-2002 | 02:37 PM
Thumbs up Tim:

"Northern Virginia"---General Robert E. Lee commanded the Army of Northern Virginia and that's good enough for me---Welcome!

Dan

Old 06-21-2002 | 03:18 PM
Re: New Lightning Member

Originally posted by ogieogilthorpe
Came with a cab on the back too but looked gay.
Maybe you want to be a member of GLOC(gay lightning owners club), not to be confused with the georgia lightning owners club whose members may or may not be gay.

Old 06-21-2002 | 03:50 PM
|
Fine...it looked bad to my tastes. Yours looks good though. Mine is just a regular leer with no windows on the side. No pun intended my friend. I'm not gonna go buck wild wth the mods. Just a simple 90mm mod,filter,chip, and 2 lb pulley.

Old 06-21-2002 | 05:15 PM
Welcome to the site

Old 06-21-2002 | 07:04 PM
ogieogilthorpe ,
Welcome to the boards... Lots of good info here but lookout for some of these jokers, they know who they are.....Hopefully you got the best and fastest color..........SILVER...if not I guess you can still hang around........

.............JR

Old 06-21-2002 | 07:21 PM
Re: New Lightning Member

Originally posted by ogieogilthorpe
Before I start any mods I want to get my recalls done. I've heard of the wiper motor recall, the intercooler recall,seat recall, and my damn brakes are squeling already and I'm also getting the famous "CLUNK" noise too when I make hard turns. Tim
What quality built trucks we drive
Good idea about getting the recalls done first. Cause i've heard dealers wanting to void warrantys for K&N filters.

Welcome to the site by the way, i'm sure you will find lots of usefull info here.

Jon

Old 06-21-2002 | 10:41 PM
-"Ogilthorpe!?!"
-"Oggie Ogilthorpe?!?"
-"Ogiltorp???"
-"THorPE.THorPE."
-"Who's Oggie Ogilthorpe?"
-"Who's Oggie Ogilthorpe? Only the worst goon in the Federal League,he's a criminal. He should be locked up."

-"He's not playing he's suspended."

In other words....Welcome aboard the board

Old 06-22-2002 | 11:51 AM
|
I love slapshot.

Yeah I do have the faster Silver color btw. I hated having to take my old civic and gsxr to the shop for warranty work and take all my mods off before cause they'll pass the bill on whenever they can. I do need to a dealership with a good service dept. This truck is fast enough as it is but I think I'm gonna go with the superchip flip and PSP filter for now. Damn I'm catching the bug again.

Quick Reply: New Lightning Member