Lightning

It's almost time!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002 | 02:04 AM
|
Smile It's almost time!

After six months, I'm finally getting my truck back this week. God, airbag, and seat belts worked together to save my can. Here she sits at Nashville Towing and Recovery hours after I popped that darned wall:

The wreck happened back on Jan. 6; work didn't commence until two and a half months ago because the shop was backed up. I was willing to wait, though, because this man is a genius who is the only guy in a 500 mile radius that I trust to fix it.

Once I get 'er back, there will be after pictures!

The alignment was complete last week, all paint and bodywork finally done. She sits, reincarnated on a new frame and front suspension, at the Ford dealer with a rough idle problem, which they believe is a sensor issue. It seems to idle roughly after it's been running a few minutes.

After they fix the idle and do a final wash 'n wax, I'll be back on the road. (I *do* hope it's something cheap and simple in the motor...)

Last edited by JuanInTN; 06-24-2002 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2002 | 02:21 AM
0uch!!!

Boy you much have been boing 30+........ man i hope all is well and you get her on the road soon!!!

Old 06-24-2002 | 02:41 AM
Hey man........u should come on down to Cool Springs Galleria. There is a huge car cruise in and it frequents us Lightning owners every weekend..........Keith

Old 06-24-2002 | 10:29 AM
Finally some more black (fast) Lightnings to go to the cruise in.

Old 06-24-2002 | 10:45 AM
JuaninTn- Glad to hear your getting her back. That first pic will give me nightmares!!
When you find out what that rough idle problem is, please let me know!! Mine is doing the same thing, but no one can figure it out!!! Here's my email...studduck66@aol.com

Thanks!
Rodney

Old 06-24-2002 | 11:07 AM
|
What day and time is the cruise-in? I'll make some time to get down to Williamson county. It'd be nice to meet you guys.

I don't think I ever told you guys what happened with it - I was coming home from Brentwood one rainy Sunday in January on I-65 and was accelerating out of the darned 45 mph construction zone back up to 70. The 4R100 downshifted against my wishes, she got sideways, straightened out, sideways again, then the Toyos gripped and smashed me straight into the retaining barrier between north and southbound lanes.

I must have been doing between 70 and 75 when I hit; my glasses simply popped off my face, and I bounced five times before coming to rest parallel with the wall, tucked neatly inside the left shoulder paint. Lucky me! Thank the Lord. A week's worth of muscle relaxants for the sore neck & back, and I'm no worse for the wear.

My wife found my glasses neatly folded inside a brown paper sack under my passenger seat. What a big bang that was.

Metro wrote me up for reckless driving. Since this was a load of cow poop, I went to court and it was thrown out for lack of evidence. The officer on the scene berated me for having racing tires. (Okay, officer. I'll run right out and buy some 295/45-18 luxury all weather balloons. They're everywhere.)

Anyway, the fella who is rebuilding it is highly recommended by Allstate and Ford. He's Scott Chaney, a one man show in Franklin, KY. The business is Chaney Auto Works. He is a perfectionist; every bolt and bit back to SVT specifications if not better.

I'm so thankful I'm alive, and I'm thankful to have her back. WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS, GUYS AND GALS. I would have gone through the windshield and become Peterbilt Putty if I hadn't been wearing mine.

Okay, rambling over; sorry for the long story. Back to work for me.

Old 06-24-2002 | 11:32 AM
Saturdays 4:00 to 8:00 pm. Behind the Sears(lower level).
The action doesn't really start until about 5:30-6:30. Then some will meet at a local raceway for settlement of grudges.

Old 06-24-2002 | 11:41 AM
Huh Huh..........YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! settling grudges....LOL

Old 06-24-2002 | 12:04 PM
Old 06-24-2002 | 05:02 PM
|
Skank Dog - The rough idle problem was fixed today - it had to do with three wires inside a wiring harness adjacent to the engine; two of them were completely severed and one was pinched. Ford fixed the wiring. Oddly enough, the harness showed no signs of damage; it sort of sprung back into shape, hiding the damaged contents inside.

I should have the vehicle back by Thursday or Friday.

Old 06-24-2002 | 06:46 PM
Glad to hear you are alright and the Lightning is tiptop Now...be a little more careful......OK?

Quick Reply: It's almost time!