Lightning

Airbag lamp flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002 | 12:09 PM
|
Airbag lamp flashing

2002 Lightning

My airbag lamp is flashing a code 17, repeating it several times, and staying on. Think this could be from having the switch disconnected for a while? I had an MP3 player installed and the wire to the airbag kill switch was disconnected for a while-- and the ignition was turned on at some point during this operation. I'm guessin it just threw a hard code to the restraint-ECM.

I pulled the battery and let it sit overnight, but seems that this module has a Non-volatile Flash rom area or something, cause it's still flashing. Will it go away or do I need to take it in to get it cleared?

Thanks in advance
VyPeR

Old 06-24-2002 | 07:17 PM
here is a def.

PINPOINT TEST G: LFC 17/DTC B1879 — DRIVER PRETENSIONER CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

here is the first step of the pinpoint test, it is graphical and it doesnt copy and paste real well. Basically you have shorted the wiring to the driver pretensioner. (seatbelt buckle) did u have the seat out? you didnt unplug anything under the seat to not make the seatbelt warning chime come on did u?

i cant remember if a reg. cab uses pretensoiners, but even if not, the wiring is still run up under the seat, and it is terminated by a yellow "dummy" plug.

RCM C2041

Driver Safety Belt Pretensioner Restraint System Diagnostic Tool

Measure the resistance to ground at RCM C2041 pin 18, circuit 1079 (LG/RD) and pin 22, circuit 1080 (LG/BK).

Is the resistance less than 10,000 ohms at either pin?
Yes
REPAIR the short to ground. GO to G5 .

Quick Reply: Airbag lamp flashing