Lightning

3M Hand Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002 | 12:28 PM
WrongdayJ, If you wanna use Liquid Glass, ya need to get the precleaner, or dawn i guess, to strip any old wax. Otherwise the liquid glass won't stick right. But its worth the price, and is easy to do. Just one step, one bottle, its pretty easy. I put 10 coats on my truck in about the 1st 4 months i had the truck. Since then, i use it about every 2 months, and for shows. Stuff is great. Best stuff out there IMO.

O yeah, i don't apply a wax overtop of it like tampa does though. You could, but the glass has enough shine/protection in itself, and you'd have to strip the wax every time. But his truck does look awsome

Nice white L btw wrongdayj, i wanna get a white one someday

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:28 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Harley:

You're right! LG isn't something that you will want to reapply on a regular basis if you wax. You'd have to strip it everytime so you won't trap wax below the LG.

I've only used the Liquid Glass once when the truck was new. There's 8-10 coats of it on a new, un-waxed surface. It's now under 100 coats of wax.

I wax, therefore I am...

Old 06-25-2002 | 02:24 PM
Oh, i see. I just use LG when i decide the truck needs a polishin .

Don't wanna have to strip the wax every time, so i just use LG all the time.

Old 06-26-2002 | 01:12 AM
Thumbs up Hi Temp Products

I figured I would chime in here with one of my favorites. Paint Perfection, made by Hi Temp Products. Its a 1-step polish, easy to use by hand or with a buffer. It sorta reminds me of Liquid Glass, just cheaper. (11 bucks a quart, last I bought) I use it about once every six weeks, and detail with Meguiars mist, although recently I've been using the Wax as U Dry by Eagle One. I've taken a serious liking to that stuff.
A really computer literate guy would probably post a picture about now, but that's not me

www.hitempinc.com

Quick Reply: 3M Hand Glaze