Lightning

AirForceOne filters/Any experience out there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002 | 06:36 PM
|
Really Old "Member"
AirForceOne filters/Any experience out there?

I have been unable to find a supplier for a suitable intake system for my 02 Wood but did find that AirForceOne does one for the Navigator which may work.

Looking on their web site, it is very similar in appearance etc. to the PSP unit I had on my '99 Lightning and I loved that one.

Anyone here had experience with this brand of filter?
Bill

Old 06-24-2002 | 06:58 PM
I know that they have a air intake kit for 01-02L, I recently bought one but did not have it delivered to me, sent it where the truck is. Which is not with me by the way.

I cannot give you any other information probably some one else will help.

Old 06-24-2002 | 07:29 PM
I put one on my 97 xlt, 4.6L F150 and it's a nice kif it will fit your truck???

Dan

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:12 AM
i just put the AF1 on my 02HD and got quite an improvement. The HD fender wall has the same hole as the 4.6 and 5.4 supercrew even though it has the large oval for the lightning ford cutout. Don't know if ford screwed up on that one, but after installing the AF1 on my truck, I got very noticeable improvement with more than 1lb of boost... The AF1 is an open-ended filter and comes with a little rubber boot to mate up to the hole in the fender. While it does pull in SOME outside cold air, I suspect is might only be 10% or so of the total intake flow with the rest coming from the engine compartment.

The best bet both pricewise and service-wise, here is Mike Troyer from performance products. Somehow, he always seems to get orders right, get them out on time, etc...

good luck

ken

Quick Reply: AirForceOne filters/Any experience out there?