Lightning

Mequiar's Swirl Remover 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002 | 11:58 PM
|
Question Mequiar's Swirl Remover 2.0?

Just wondering if anyone has ever used this stuff, I am going to apply this stuff by hand as soon as my cherry wet wax arrives in the mail also. If so, how did you like it, did it work, was it easy to apply? ect..

Thanks
Jon

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:13 AM
Will take a lot of time to apply by hand. I apply it with a Dewalt DA buffer and have great results. One of the best polishes around.

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:52 AM
Polish

You might consider Zaino Z-5.
Pretty easy to remove and it takes out small scratches and swirl marks very well

Old 06-25-2002 | 02:36 AM
Re: Polish

Originally posted by andy_cain
You might consider Zaino Z-5.
Pretty easy to remove and it takes out small scratches and swirl marks very well
Z-5 isn't a polish, it is a filler. It fills in swirls and scratches in an attempt to hide them. Meguiar's #9 will remove the swirls.

Old 06-25-2002 | 08:11 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
I actually tried a new McGuire's Paint Cleaner last night and loved it. It's a red bottle with yellow lettering. Removes all of the fine scratches and gets the paint so clean you can squeak a finger.

Followed up with your favorite wax or Zaino.

Tip 1:
Use a damp pad when you apply the paint cleaner with a buffer. You'll have much better results than if you were to apply it dry.

Tip 2:
No way should you try to apply any type of scratch remover or paint cleaner by hand. You'll end up with more scratches than you have now, just from the towels. You can find decent buffers for under $40(ie:Craftsman, etc.).

Tip 3:
Take your time and complete one section at a time.
Remember: It's not always the type of wax or polish you use. It's the technique and the amount of patience you have.

It's not a cost issue, but McGuire's gives me the results I want.
If you've seen the glass finish on my truck, you'd understand.

*This is what works for me. I don't want to get into a Zaino vs the world again. Just keep the **** thing clean and shiny.

Last edited by TampaSVT; 06-25-2002 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2002 | 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TampaSVT
I actually tried a new McGuire's Paint Cleaner last night and loved it. It's a red bottle with yellow lettering. Removes all of the fine scratches and gets the paint so clean you can squeak a finger. . .It's not a cost issue, but McGuire's gives me the results I want. If you've seen the glass finish on my truck, you'd understand. . .*This is what works for me. I don't want to get into a Zaino vs the world again. Just keep the **** thing clean and shiny.
I agree. I use Meguire's stuff, too. The only thing I use that isn't a Meguires product is Mother's Showtime detailer spray. I think it is glossier than Quik Detailer. . .although I find myself using Mother's spray more often than I had to use the Meguire's. . .but that's just my opinion.

--->WrongdayJ

Old 06-25-2002 | 11:44 AM
|
I agree, i'm sure I would get better results with a buffer, but I've never used one before and I've heard you can mess ***** up if you don't know what your doing?
I do have a craftsman orbital buffer, but I'm not sure which pads to use, what kind of pressure to apply ect... Any tips?
Thanks for the suggestions

Jon

Old 06-25-2002 | 01:36 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
You can only mess up a paint job with a buffer that spins.

The cheap 10" jiggly one's do a great job and well worth the $.
Buy extra cotton pads.

Rich

Quick Reply: Mequiar's Swirl Remover 2.0?