Lightning

FRPP "FR500" Heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002 | 11:47 AM
|
Question FRPP "FR500" Heads

With all the talk recently of heads, port work, etc. what about running the Ford Racing "Hi Flow 4V FR500 Cylinder Heads" (part numbers M-6049-T46 for the right and M-6050-T46 for the left)? If you are going to invest the cash to swap to 4V heads (as a few people have or are in the process of doing - hurry up and get your truck back hdmlnium) then why not start with these heads which, as I understand, flow even better than the heads used on the Cobra R that some people are trying to get ahold of.

Just curious...

Old 06-25-2002 | 03:35 PM
I want info on this, im curious too,
bump

Old 06-25-2002 | 04:00 PM
Wink Re: FRPP "FR500" Heads

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Struck in AZ
- hurry up and get your truck back hdmlnium)

Jim is working really hard on it, I can't wait to get it back. He should have it all back together with in a few more weeks. A lot of R&D for this project, I have talked with him and he is doing the best he can, I'm going down to JDM on Thursday on the way to Virginia, I hope to get a look at everything then.
Bill

Old 06-25-2002 | 04:40 PM
I have been asking this question for over a year in certain circles and I have not gotten an answer better than: I dont know. I would love to know the answer to this one!

Old 06-25-2002 | 04:51 PM
Wink

I wish I would have heard about these better heads before my motor was all assembled. It would have been a good time to get the heads o-ringed and wired too.
Bill

Old 06-25-2002 | 04:58 PM
Would they be a direct bolt-on and would they match our intakes? Also, what is the availability of these heads?

Old 06-25-2002 | 05:19 PM
|
Don't know if they'll use the stock manifold but I doubt it since the 4V heads necesitate the use of a different manifold (one of the big hurdles in the 4V head swap) but it appears that they are available for $750 per from...

http://www.oemfordparts.com/ under the "Vehicle Parts"/"Ford Racing"/"4.6L Modular Engine Parts" section.

Dan

Old 06-25-2002 | 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed
Would they be a direct bolt-on and would they match our intakes? Also, what is the availability of these heads?
You would need a custom intake to put the cobra 4 valve heads on....most likely this is the case with all 4 valve heads.

My engine builder ported 6 sets of four valve heads for a ford employee/racer and the best set acheived 78 h.p but i am not sure if it was at the rear wheels or crank on an n/a cobra.
I will ask nex't time i talk to him.

Supposedly,these guys as well as others are going to make intakes for are L's.
If the lead times are anything like the billet cams that were supposed to be out a month or so ago,then i would not hold my breath.

Quick Reply: FRPP "FR500" Heads