Lightning

no more "x" plan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002 | 07:10 PM
My buddy here just sold a 02 L and a 03 cobra on Xplan.... I can get SVT stuff all day long on it. The SVT Focus does not have a big rebate though.....

Old 07-07-2002 | 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Smok'n L
How do I sign up for this x-plan? And does it only include fords?
How much is it to become a member?
Thanks
Smok'n L
X-Plan is a sponsor program. A Ford Motor Company Employee can sponsor 4 X-Plan purchases per year. Generally, X-plan customers are employee's friends/neighbors or A-plan ineligible family.

Dealers are NOT under obligation to sell to X-Plan (or A-Plan) customers. Some dealers will sell SVT products under X-Plan and others won't. Some may wait until the demand for the vehicle lessons. If one dealer says he won't sell on X-Plan for a certain model, try another dealer. I think the T-Bird is currently the only vehicle excluded on the X-Plan.

You don't "sign up" or pay for an X-Plan purchase. The X-Plan is only for Ford Motor Company Vehicles, excluding Jaguar and Aston Martin I believe.

Old 07-07-2002 | 09:50 PM
Thumbs down

I honestly think that's a load of BS. If Ford will A-Plan and blah-plan Volvo's and Jaguars, then it would be bull if they won't do it on the SVT's.

Old 07-07-2002 | 11:31 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Originally posted by junehhan
I honestly think that's a load of BS.

It's called read a few more posts. As stated by many of us, "it's up to the individual dealer".

Old 07-08-2002 | 12:33 PM
I honestly think that's a load of BS. If Ford will A-Plan and blah-plan Volvo's and Jaguars, then it would be bull if they won't do it on the SVT's.
It isn't Ford Motor Company making a decision on SVT vehicles. It is the individual dealer. ALL dealers are independently owned and operated. Ford Motor Company does not own or run ANY dealership. True, there are some policies that dealers must follow to be a Ford dealer, but in reality, FoMoCo has very little control over dealerships.

Last edited by djnutz79; 07-08-2002 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 12:41 PM
Jaguars...

Last I checked Ford won't A-plan Volvo or Jags. (from the Ford employee newsletter)

Just FYI.

Coldie

Old 07-08-2002 | 09:33 PM
Re: Jaguars...

Originally posted by Coldie
Last I checked Ford won't A-plan Volvo or Jags. (from the Ford employee newsletter)

Just FYI.

Coldie
As of today, 07-08-2002, Ford policy on A-plan purchases:
"The New Vehicle Purchase Plan is offered by the Company to encourage employees, retirees and their families to drive new Company products. Vehicles may be purchased or leased from participating "franchised" Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover, or Mazda (S-Plan) dealers authorized for the product sold by the Sales Agreement. "
and...
"Up to four new, current model and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States (including Econoline and light trucks through E & F-350 series, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, and Mazda (S-Plan)), equipped with any regular production optional equipment, may be purchased or leased each calendar year."

All 2003 Jaguar A-plan prices and all 2002 Volvo A-plan prices are available on Ford's Intranet.

I haven't heard or seen anything about Ford Motor Company (not dealers) excluding ANY vehicle (even T-Bird) except Aston Martin's.

Old 07-09-2002 | 12:24 AM
Thumbs down

Originally posted by BfB

It's called read a few more posts. As stated by many of us, "it's up to the individual dealer".

Hey, what's your problem? Why do you have to act like a little a.s.s.h.o.l.e all the time? I used to think you were cool, but ever since that other thread, you've proved otherwise.

Old 07-09-2002 | 10:11 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations

Hey, what's your problem? Why do you have to act like a little a.s.s.h.o.l.e all the time? I used to think you were cool, but ever since that other thread, you've proved otherwise.
Hey, whaddya know!?! I had no clue you had a Tauras SHO! SWEET!

Old 07-09-2002 | 10:17 PM
|

i agree. i dont think i have ever seen a thread or post from bfb that i didnt think "what a *****"

Old 07-09-2002 | 11:55 PM
Thumbs down

Are you making fun of me with that photo next to the picture of me with my former Taurus SHO? Kinda childish of you............

You are sure showed everyone your level of maturity........
It's really convenient how you can mock people just because you happen to sit behind a computer screen. Just get a life.........

Originally posted by BfB

Hey, whaddya know!?! I had no clue you had a Tauras SHO! SWEET!

Old 07-20-2002 | 12:45 AM
Is it true that anyone who works for an X-Plan approved employer can sponsor friends?? I've read the material and it doesn't appear to work that way.

Old 07-21-2002 | 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Dan Hammans
Is it true that anyone who works for an X-Plan approved employer can sponsor friends?? I've read the material and it doesn't appear to work that way.

Are you talking like if you work for a tier 1 supplier or something? I don't really know what you are talking about. Ford Motor employees can sponsor almost anyone for an X-plan purchase.

Old 11-02-2002 | 10:21 AM
I just ordered a Grey Lightning yesterday on the X-Plan. The dealer couldnt give me a price or when it would be delivered tho.

Old 11-20-2002 | 07:51 AM
X-Plan

Well guys, the X-Plan is a great program, we all know it. Yes...it is dealers decision to exclude a vehicle. For instance, I worked at a store where they would NOT X-Plan a Harley Truck. Now, the vehicle that I KNOW FOR SURE is not X-Plan friendly is the T-Brid. They have just made th '02 models available for A/D/Z plan, but NOT X-Plan...other than that...home free. IF anyone needs an X-plan dealer in the Dallas area...email me stevelevi@sbcglobal.net...I am the X-Plan Manager at my store.

Quick Reply: no more "x" plan?