Lightning

MOROSO Wed. Night T&T(7/3)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002 | 11:26 PM
Just in case we should call the track,that day.

That's a good one . I have called the tower when I knew it was raining (I was already at the track), could hear thunder in the back ground (they said it was a jet car testing ) and all they could come up with is "well we are waiting to see what happens".

I think the weather will be poor but it would be cool to have a good L turnout, don't think I can make it to the Mobil by 5:30 but if the weather holds I'll be at the track in the "Dial In" lanes.

Old 07-01-2002 | 11:44 PM
|
I've never run at a track, at all. Can anyone tell me the basics. I know Go on third yellow, but what do I do before that. Like where do I pull in.....what do I do with the waterbox, I'll be on stock tires. Can anyone just give me a break down of when they go to the track. Thanks

Old 07-02-2002 | 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Kerrdogg
I think the weather will be poor but it would be cool to have a good L turnout, don't think I can make it to the Mobil by 5:30 but if the weather holds I'll be at the track in the "Dial In" lanes.
You bring up a good point..............which set of lanes do you think we'd be better off being in? Sportsman, or Dial-in.............usually Sportsman has more cars, but gets more runs too, so I don't know......

what do u guys recommend?

JC

Old 07-02-2002 | 10:19 AM
Dial in lanes are better for keeping engine temp down,they are much shorter.Sportsman lines are so long sometimes that I've waited by the end of the 1/4 mile,and considering I'm not pushing a supercrew,by the time i get to run,my engine is at full temp.

Dang, wish I could go.

Frank

Old 07-02-2002 | 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Lightning#838
I've never run at a track, at all. Can anyone tell me the basics. I know Go on third yellow, but what do I do before that. Like where do I pull in.....what do I do with the waterbox, I'll be on stock tires. Can anyone just give me a break down of when they go to the track. Thanks
Just drive around the water box. After the cars at the tree in front of you leave, then you can spin the tires just a bit to clean them off. I run my car on radials all the time. I don't burn them I just clean them off a little. But, they're your tires... Ease up to the light slowly. The top bulb will come on. You are "pre-staged". Then ease up just a little more and the bottom bulb will come on - you are "staged". When the guy next to you is staged then the starter will start the lights. On a sportsman tree the yellow lights will count down individually. Generally you can leave on the last yellow and you won't red light. But for a test and tune it doesn't matter if you red light or not - you still get your time slip. Looking at your mods I would guess you would spin if you floor it out of the hole. Try easing it out of the hole and depending on the track prep and your tires - you should hook fairly well.

Good luck,

Jim

Old 07-03-2002 | 09:36 AM
ttt

Quick Reply: MOROSO Wed. Night T&T(7/3)