Lightning

Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002 | 11:18 AM
|
Service

So check this out, I drop this off for service:

and leave with this:

This was yesterday too, so I have had two good days with the Focus wagon. Not a bad deal huh.

Old 07-03-2002 | 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi jeff2001silver,

Don't feel bad, every time we drop off our 2001 silver 'bolt, we get a Taurus, and it's usually for a month or longer each time. Ours has needed large amounts of warranty work in paint, body & interior areas (no powertrain/driveline!), which has generally taken 2-3 times as long as they estimate due to the dealer having to chase parts. Last time they had it for February & a bit more waiting on parts, that wasn't too bad since it was winter. This time we've been waiting on a new windshield with the Ford branding, we've been waiting 3 weeks for that, but it seems this is supposed to be due to us insisting the replacement windshield be genuine Ford glass and labeled as such instead of what most dealers do, have a generic glass installed by a mobile installer. In all fairness, our dealership does beyond excellent work, and will literally do anything to please us, that's hard to find so we can't complain about the dealer.

It is tough to drop off a beautiful fast Lightning and pick up a Focus or a Taurus in return. Hmmm, maybe we can get together and drag that Focus wagon loaner against our Taurus loaner?

Good luck with your service,

Old 07-03-2002 | 01:21 PM
|
Well, I just got back from the dealer, they are replacing the tranny, because of some solinoid (sp?) issue. The truck will bounce off the rev limiter between frist and second at WOT. Anyway looks like I need to get used to the Focus for a while. They say the tranny will be in late Friday and said I should see the truck next Thursday or Friday. So it really $ucks.

Old 07-03-2002 | 01:44 PM
You can ALWAYS do what teh #ford IRC fellas
did at Bowling Green at the 6th GTG ....

This is a RENTAL 'stang that they stripped and
raced after baselining it ... Cut 2 seconds offa the
E.T.

The mods were DRASTIC however ... milkcrate seat,
NO radiator.... hood ... lights ... trunk ... Spare ...
bumpers ... sheet metal ... etc ...

Then there were the "factory mods" such as the
"BIG GULP" air infusion device (AID) .....

You should seen 30 people stripping this thang ...

Cliff

Quick Reply: Service