Lightning

can someone help me please???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy can someone help me please???

As of today 7-7-02 my stock stereo quit working in my truck..my truck is a 02 with 2200 miles on it. 2 days ago a friend and i installed a JLP flip chip and #4 pulley and my stereo worked fine then.. is it possible that the chip screwed my stereo up? If i take it to the dealership can they fix it without doing a diagnostic check through my computer. Any help is appreciated..
oh yeah i did check the fuses and all was fine there too

Old 07-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Forget taking it to the dealer, they will probably notice your mods and make a few phone calls If I were you, I would just visit your local stereo shop or pick up a crutchfield magazine and replace it with some aftermarket stuff. I will sound alot better than stock.

As for the broken radio...Is it not getting power? Does it turn on? Are your speakers just sounding blown? If It turns on but no sound, you could have a blown amp, or maybe you accidently hit the mute button. Anyway, I would avoid the dealer unless you know them or take your mods off.

I don't know If the chip would have anything to do with the problem. The only thing I could think of would be that it put itself into a theft/security mode when you were tampering with the computer. But someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the truck would start either if that was the case.....

Jon

Old 07-07-2002, 01:20 PM
I dont think its the chip either.
If I were in your shoes,Id take the chip and pullie off,disconect the battery to clear the codes, and take it to the dealer.

BTW...Check your fuses.

Andy G

Old 07-07-2002, 01:25 PM
As Andy said check your fuses

Doug

Old 07-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Hi All......He checked the fuses! I installed the chip, everything was fine until last night. He parked it ,it sat all night, started it this morning an No radio! I'm not much on electronics, but i'll go take a look, later! Any suggestions will be appreaciated.

Albert

Old 07-07-2002, 02:32 PM
its not

Its not the chip... the stereo is not controlled by the computer.... I bet its a fuse or just a bad radio... Pull the pulley and chip (josh) and take it to reynolds they will fix you right up..

Old 07-07-2002, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want a replacement for your stock stereo I could help you out. I have an exact replacement and also a single disc in dash if you are interested. The one is out of my 2000 Lightning and the other is out of a 1998 Ranger. Let me know if you are interested in either. My e-mail is in my signature.

-Kimball