Lightning

Shiny Tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002 | 03:23 PM
|
Thumbs up Shiny Tips

What do you thing of these MAC Tips?

Not only am I happy with the Mac tips and catback, but sound - O YEAH! Loud and eye turning. I thought people looked before, but now, well lets just say I'm extremely pleased. This was the first purchase for any part of my L that was actually a pleasure. Donnie Walker Motorsports gives a new meaning to customer support for our trucks. I was emailed from time of purchase to expected delivery and received a tracking number without a single note or phone call (we all need to see more of this). Give these boys your business, you will not be disappointed... I am looking forward to seeing more products from them and doing it again... still smiling... QB

Old 07-07-2002 | 03:39 PM
Boo-yeah QB! Good post!

Man, you really tucked those tips in there! Looks sharp! I left mine out a bit, I like the look, and I was also concerned about spitting condensation out in front of my right tire.

You've got a helluva shine going there brother - looking good!!!

Old 07-07-2002 | 04:27 PM
Thumbs up

Quick: See your're from Flowery Branch--that's no too far from Social Circle, is it ? Btw, 'cool' screen name.

Nice pic and very nice tips. Now the work begins keepin' 'em shiny inside and out. I gave up on the insides of mine.

Dan

Old 07-07-2002 | 04:53 PM
Thumbs up

Last edited by Chikenears; 07-07-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2002 | 05:02 PM
Thumbs up lol

Tim.... lol ............... those tips look sweet...!

Old 07-07-2002 | 06:05 PM
Spintech has the best sounding L kit. IMO mac has cheap stuff. You get what you pay for. Tips look great though. Sorry! Not bashing any at all.

Old 07-07-2002 | 08:03 PM
Try puttin' on some High-Flow Cats for that NASCAR Thunder to go with that Lightning! They will be lookin' for ya' before you can be seen! LOL

Old 07-07-2002 | 08:37 PM
Just got back from QB's house and that thing sounds great. The tips are huge too. If you guys don't mind aluminized, this is the way to go. And thanks for the beer Tom!

Old 07-08-2002 | 01:23 AM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks to all…

Madhouse, really a plus having your pics and sound bites on NLOC. Setup looks bad *** on black. Lightninrod, nope not to far at all, near Mall of GA, lets try to tie up some time, maybe the svtoa run on 27th. DaveRed99 & E3LilE8Harv29 ditto … lol and Frank anytime bud, thanks again guys… QB

Old 07-08-2002 | 04:46 AM
Banned
Did MAC chrome the tips on those? If they did, be prepared for rust. I waxed my tips twice a week on my Cobra with the Mac catback on there. After one rainy winter, the tips were thrashed. I went through 8 pairs of tips before i bought a Bassani catback.

Looks very nice though. I hope they hold up for you.

Old 07-08-2002 | 01:27 PM
|
Hey flyin I see you live in HB, to answer your question I really don’t know if MAC chromes them or they send them out. I normally don’t reply to an opinion they are all welcome, but I have to ask, if you live on the beach or near it why would you buy chrome? The only reason that I ask is, I am originally from cali (born in LA basin, raised in the Valley, went to school in Santa Monica, joined the Marine Corps). I had very little money at the time, rode a pocket rocket every ware and tried to keep the rust off my bars – pipes – wheels and anything else chrome, with very little to no luck at all. We don’t have the salt water here in north GA, but I do thank you for the heads up, I’ll try to keep them waxed and shiny. QB

Quick Reply: Shiny Tips