Lightning

Look what I found under my hood! WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002 | 09:44 AM
|
Unhappy Look what I found under my hood! WTF?

I was determined to find the engine miss Ive had since they replaced my pasanger side head. While looking around I found this part lying on the drivers side A-arm. Any body know what its suspose to plug into? What the !@#$ is it?

Old 07-08-2002 | 09:55 AM
Well, just offhand,, its either a low washer fluid level sensor, a brake fluid level sensor, hmm, with 3 wires cant be a hood light switch, anyway, whats hangin out is a magnetic reed switch, only used in mercury/tilt switches , or floating magnet/low fluid level switches. They probably just broke it off accidentally moving around the heavy head, and then replaced it.

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:02 AM
|
jefflaws- Thanks for the info. Ill go check all the fluid switches and see if thats it. Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:05 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Compare to the headlight bulb connector.

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:06 AM
nah, thats definately a reed switch, not a filament

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:11 AM
I hobbled (just had hernia surgery last week) out to my truck and looked, its the brake fluid level switch. I think only the expidition washer tank has the fluid switch like that. Im sure its been replaced for you if it was unplugged, they knew they broke it, heck, it might not even be from your truck. Sometimes stuff gets tossed across the shop by disgruntled mechanics, lol.

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:21 AM
Re: Look what I found under my hood! WTF?

Originally posted by Skank Dog
I was determined to find the engine miss Ive had since they replaced my pasanger side head. While looking around I found this part lying on the drivers side A-arm. Any body know what its suspose to plug into? What the !@#$ is it?
It might be something plant personnel had cobbled up to do some field checks to verify an in-plant repair, etc. If so, the poor guy who dropped it probably cussed a blue-streak when he realized it was gone...

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:28 AM
Whatever it is, Its ugly as S#!t. Id play disgrunteled Post Man at your Mechanics Shop if I was you. They tried to screw you and they did a Half as s job at it.

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:29 AM
Is that Scotch Tape around the connectors?

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:46 AM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
How bad is your engine miss? Most likely you have a bad coil pack somewhere. Does your dealer know of the miss?

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:55 AM
That looks like an oxygen sensor plug.

If that wasn't plugged in you'd definately have a miss and a SES light.

Check the back of the passenger side head. The plug is actually clipped to the back of the head. Its between the head and the firewall. Its easier to get to if you jack the passenger side of the truck up, then you can reach it through the wheel well.

When they replaced the head they could have easily forgot to unplug the O2 sensor and tore it out when they lifted the head off.

Hope this helps.

By the way, when are you sending me that r/c body to paint for you???

Jason

Old 07-08-2002 | 11:05 AM
Question whas that

Guys heres a guess, it looks like someone made a test light out of a factory connector, I agree it looks like a light filament stuck into a factory connector, most likely fashioned buy one of the local mechanics to check for power. Todd

Old 07-08-2002 | 11:35 AM
Its the 7th fetzer valve..

He he just a little humor..

Old 07-08-2002 | 11:53 AM
Re: whas that

Originally posted by StruckBy99
That looks like an oxygen sensor plug.

Originally posted by todd abbott
Guys heres a guess, it looks like someone made a test light out of a factory connector, I agree it looks like a light filament stuck into a factory connector, most likely fashioned buy one of the local mechanics to check for power. Todd
Did yall not read that i told him what it was? Its not a filament, its a reed switch, its not a O2 plug, they have never had one look like that, it IS the connector that goes to the master cylinder low fluid switch that has a magnetic float in the reservior and a reed swith in the sensor.

Last edited by kidtriton; 07-08-2002 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2002 | 12:30 PM
Re: Re: whas that

Originally posted by jefflaws
Did yall not read that i told him what it was? Its not a filament, its a reed switch, its not a O2 plug, they have never had one look like that, it IS the connector that goes to the master cylinder low fluid switch that has a magnetic float in the reservior and a reed swith in the sensor.
Easy tiger

--Joe

Quick Reply: Look what I found under my hood! WTF?