Lightning

110 hp Mod....won't Void warrenty!! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002 | 09:35 PM
WaveBlaster785,
I have a Seadoo GSX and also have a hard time starting it. Will a local store carry a primer. I asked people why sometimes hard to start and no one had a clue. Thanks

Old 07-11-2002 | 09:44 PM
I agree with Blaster.I've got a GP1200r.Rated @ 155h.p. bone stock!I've seen 70+ mph even in choppy water.And I go about 225lbs.
Don't know about the accuracy of the speedo,but I can take anything on the lake including my buddy's new XP Limited.

Old 07-11-2002 | 10:28 PM
Like this? I have literally flown on the GP1200R. Probably around 10 feet. In florida the intercoastal have HUGE waves...especially during the air show. Yachts sometimes circle around for me just to watch me jump the waves.

Last edited by ricekicker; 07-11-2002 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2002 | 11:37 PM
Originally posted by WaveBlaster785
Truth is that if you want to go fast for long on the water you had better buy a Yamaha, and as far as fast goes, the Yamaha GP 1200R will about rock any other stock ski out there....BUT, if you want to start modding (95 Saleen) you had better have your wrench handy, Sea Doo (bombardier) are very tempermental, in fact many Sea Doo's have problems as far as reliability goes, so if you want to mod, break out the wallet, the wrench, and the YAMAHA....lol, just messing wiht you man, I am an avid yamaha supporter so I had to get that in there....I have about 5 grand in mods in my Blaster, so I know how you feel, its all worth it though!!

I am not trying to rag on your choice at all, but I must agree with that statement. I used to be real big into the pwc scene and worked with a guy who raced (factory sponsored) sea doos. Well, to make a long story short, neither I, nor him, would ever buy a sea doo with our own money. Back then a sea doo was lucky to go a season without something semi-major happening to it. If you went to the dealership, the sea doos were all getting repair work, the yamahas were getting maintence. I don't know if things have changed in 4 years as I havent kept up, but while sea doos (used to anyway) edge out a yamaha in performance just slightly, you could ride your yamaha anytime while the sea doo would be in the shop half the time. I have a old VXR that has seen 10 SEASONS with only normal maintenece and 2 burned out starter relays. Thats all it has ever seen. I can't think of anyone with a sea doo that can say that.

I think they came under new management correct? Hopefully they fixed things up some. Was always funny to go to this guys house, his garage had upwards of 10 sea doos in it all in some stage of prep for a race, yet there would be one yamaha in the corner. "Whats that one?" "Thats what I ride on for fun because it doesnt break."

Old 07-12-2002 | 01:17 AM
My family ahd the orginal Seadoo when the company first came about. My grandpa had 30+ boats and wanted the first of everything and he was the first one in the area to have one and probably the one of the first to have even bought one. It had a tiny engine and only went about 15-20mph. It was a tank though, 2 people could stand on one side and it wouldnt roll. 3 people could ride on it ant it was about 15 feet long and bright yellow. About 6 years abou the engine went out and we just decided to sell it, I wish we would have kept it we got all kinds of looks. I'm sure we have some pics in the photo album but I dont fell like finding them no. TRY DOING A DONUT ON THAT THING LOL

Old 07-12-2002 | 01:31 AM
Jet SKis

Dunno if ya'll know. But all your PWC require no skill. Get a real machine, a Yamaha Super Jet or the new Polaris Octane. Real riders ride something that needs skill. And the fastest thing on the water isn't ya'll XP's, its either the Yamaha GP130 or the Seadoo RXX. But their big boats. if your a jumper get a nice light and fast Polaris Pro 785.

Old 07-12-2002 | 01:36 AM
Skis

I really didn't know there were that many L owners who had skis.
I try to freestyle on my Yamaha Superjet and have owned a few Seadoos in the past If the skis has the right mods it will last a long time. My 96 Xp was built by Team Butch Racing and I put over 400 hours on a highly modded engine without any problems. All my buddys ride seadoos and other than doing really deep subs with a sitdown they don't have any problems (the ocasional hydrolock is expected).

If you are wanting good info on skis and a message board to post on about them go to http://www.jetski.com

Old 07-12-2002 | 08:04 AM
I agree, i can fly on my 1200R just because the torque i have coming off a wave. Plus like i said ive shown like 71 i think tops in light chop. We will see what she does when i do my arrestors, grate and ride plate.

Old 07-12-2002 | 09:21 AM
|
Yeah I saw that GP1200R and that looks like a sweet machine. To be honest I didn't know anything about skis when I started looking for one, but since I live on a lake, I wanted to get something for the summer.

I got my ski plus the double trailor for $3,000 so I don't think I did too bad.

The Yamaha is nice, but I couldn't afford to spend that much on a jet ski.

Old 07-12-2002 | 09:45 AM
Can't believe no one has mentioned the Kawasaki Ultra 150. That, my board friends, is the fastest dam jet ski on the water. My bro-in-law has a '99 model. I think they have at least 145 hpr out of the box. This thing pulls CRAZY hard and tops out at a little over 70 mpr.
And to keep this on topic, he tows his with his '00 Silver Bolt too. When he first towed the Ultra he said he couldn't even tell it was back there.

Old 07-12-2002 | 12:21 PM
I'm with ya, WB785. Bought my first ski in'81 (Kawasaki 440 stand up) and still own and ride it regularly. For sit-down PWC, though, my experience has been that Yamaha does build the most dependable units on the water. I've had many friends with Sea Doos and most of them had some form of mechanical problem at some point in time. (Many occasions of having to stop riding and work on the ski to get it going again.) I've got a 99 Yamaha XL1200 limited, modded by Group K that has been blistering the water for 3 seasons now, over 250 hours on it and still hasn't skipped a beat. Kawi really has me looking now though - I tentatively have a new 1200 STX-R on order.
WB785, what mods do you have? I've also got a bone stock 96 blaster 2 that could stand some tinkering.

Does anyone still ride stand-ups? They've become an oddity on the water again. I take my 440 and 550sx out whenever possible (and whenever the bones don't creak too much). These things were great when I was younger, but alas age is starting to catch up with me.
How long until you can get cortisone shots over the counter???

Old 07-12-2002 | 01:59 PM
Re: Jet SKis

Originally posted by Freakyelf5
Dunno if ya'll know. But all your PWC require no skill. Get a real machine, a Yamaha Super Jet or the new Polaris Octane. Real riders ride something that needs skill. And the fastest thing on the water isn't ya'll XP's, its either the Yamaha GP130 or the Seadoo RXX. But their big boats. if your a jumper get a nice light and fast Polaris Pro 785.
What an intelligent post.

Later,

Old 07-12-2002 | 02:08 PM
Originally posted by WaveBlaster785
Truth is that if you want to go fast for long on the water you had better buy a Yamaha, and as far as fast goes, the Yamaha GP 1200R will about rock any other stock ski out there....
I agree, Sea-doos can be tempormental, but I haven't had any big issues with mine. I really like the X4 hull. It's a great jumper on a lake (I can bunny hop it pretty high on still water) and can carve the corners pretty well too (thanks to the Beach House sponsons). The 1200r's and Ultras are fast as ***** (especially modded) ... but they just don't feel as fun to ride. To each his own.

Later,

Old 07-12-2002 | 09:19 PM
Re: Re: Jet SKis

Originally posted by DamonH

What an intelligent post.

Later,
Thanks for the rip. If all you are interested in is speed check out a Swift Oceanics Laser X-2000, it'll go 90mph stock. Lets see a seadoo or a yamaha do that. For me personally I ride a 02' Yamaha SuperJet and a 96' Polaris SLX. I speak from experience about Polaris engines and hulls are not durable. The engines tend to blow pistons every 150hrs. But they are full of torque and HP for a 1996 785cc engine I'm pushing over 100hp. THe machine is light also, Behind a searay 460 sundancer I can clear about 10ft from the tail of the ski. You may have ridden for more years, but years don't mean anything on the water. Only machine logged hours.

Old 07-12-2002 | 09:29 PM
Hey Freakyelf5, If you want to talk about skill why don't you meet me on the water sometime and try to ride my Blaster, I can guarantee you that I can hang on your superjet, how about you try to climb 2 foot up on a sit down that has just as narrow of a hull....please don't ask me about skill and jet skis....by the way, I have been riding stand up since age 5, so I'm right there with ya, but truthfully the Yamaha Waveblaster is harder to ride than a stand up....

Quick Reply: 110 hp Mod....won't Void warrenty!! ;)