Old 07-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about 0w-30?

Old 07-18-2002, 11:06 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Originally posted by BADBOLT2
I would stay with the Motorcraft 820s filter.It has a silicone anti-siphon valve it it.
BTW, a lot of the top filters have this valve as well.

I also Pre-fill the filter with fresh oil before install.It'll take almost 3/4 qt.Then before you start the truck,hold the accelerator to the floor and crank it over for 30-45 sec.then let off the accelerator and start as usual.
hope this helps!
Going on about this, "pre-cranking" a vehicle really helps none. It's no different than cranking the vehicle normally. The crank speed is nearly the speed at what the motor idles at. Just put oil in the filter and crank it up. You'll be fine.

Also, from my understanding, the computer does lock out the firing of the motor if you go WOT while trying to crank.

Old 07-19-2002, 02:00 AM
The 5.4 being a modern engine has modern seals in it. There is no split at the parting line or nonsense like that, and they will keep all the oil inside. As a side note: when I had my Buick GN and it had a few thousand miles on it, I tried the Mobil 1. It started leaking on the garage floor imediately. Seems the Buick still had old fashioned rope for crankshaft seals and couldn't deal with the synth oil.
Dale

Old 07-19-2002, 01:03 PM
OK, that is what I kinda figured with the synth. oil. Will be making the change very soon. Also plan on staying with the Motorcraft filter.

Quick Reply: Switched to Mobil 5w30 SuperSyn w/ K&N filter