Lightning

Beat by a "STOCK" Z28!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Beat by a "STOCK" Z28!!

I was out cruising last night when this Z28 comes up rolling beside me. We don't take off till were rolling about 40mph, then we let them rip, i pull on him and he slowy gains but we both stop. He then asks me to follow him and i do. We go to a straight away where there is no traffic, and he honks three times. Of course i thought i was going to kill him, I haven't been beat off the line by anyone before. Well we take off and i had him by half a truck on first gear, then all of a sudden he smokes me. This has never happened to me before. Anyways he pulls over and i ask him what he has and he has the nerve to tell me he is stock. Total BS!! I have never been beaten by a stock F-Bod, i know what they got, after all i do own a Firehawk, i am not stupid. Anyway, he claims he's running 13.9, total BS, my stock Hawk is running 13.3 and i edge it out with the Lightning. Anyways the car is rather fast, but i hate when they lie and claim to be stock to make you look bad. It's ok though next time i race him i will have 100 shot on my Hawk and it will be for money!! We'll see who gets the last laugh!

Old 07-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Dude..........can I have your garage...........other than MAYBE a Z06, I can't think of a finer piece of muscle machinery that would look as good next to the L...........fine choice in vehicles sir.........I commend you greatly.

and don't worry about Mr. Liar with his "stock" LS1..........you win some you lose some, and even though I like the looks of the Camaro too, you still got the nicest 2 of the 3.........so screw him

JC

Old 07-19-2002, 02:56 PM
SmokinSVT

If you want to spank him put some more mods on your L!! You wont teach the BOY a thing by taking him with your car, TAKE HIM WITH A TRUCK!!!! The Lightning responds well to each proven mod out there.

Now do your homework, buy some mods, and whip the cars as#.

Old 07-19-2002, 03:01 PM
DB
There's a good excuse to get a 6# pulley for your L

Old 07-19-2002, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geee, I claim my Lightnings stock all the time

Old 07-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Watch for falling B.S.. .. . .

Hehehe.

The three honks you heard was him activating the nitrous program of his flip chip. My brother has a '00 S-10 with the 4.3L V6 and his flip chip has a feature that very quickly honks the horn to let you know which program you are running. Stock is no honk, street is one honk, strip is two honks, and nitrous or valet mode (depending on which you have) is three honks.

If I only had a dime for every nitroused Z28 I raced that claimed he was stock. . . . . .

Later,

WrongdayJ

Quick Reply: Beat by a "STOCK" Z28!!