Lightning

*phew* changed the brake pads...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002 | 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Want me to take them off your hands, Dan? I hate to see those pretty chrome wheels covered in brake dust
Can you just clean them for me? :P

Old 07-27-2002 | 06:38 PM
Originally posted by clonetek
...phill250sduk: i was told that unless the vehicle came with it stock, the silicon based fluid would eat up the rubber in the system...

i have a piece of hose that i will have running down to a jar with fluid in it, so no air can get back into the line.
While Silicon fluid doesn't absorb moisture, it's very hard to remove air bubbles, which means its a real bear to bleed and get a decent pedal. You have to be able to verify the entire system has been flushed of normal fluid before going with the Silicone.

Regarding the hose, see below

Speed Bleeder Products, Co.
13140 Apakesha Grove Rd.
Newark, IL 60541
WEB: http://www.speedbleeder.com
Phone: 888 879 7016
Fax: 815 736 6297

When you order Speed Bleeders for your vehicle, consider ordering the bleeder hose and bleeder bag combo. It will make the job bleeding your brakes easier and less messy. After installing your Speed Bleeders and you are ready to bleed the brakes, you attach one end of the very soft and flexible silicone bleeder hose to the Speed Bleeder and the other end of the hose to the bleeder bag. Proceed to bleed your brakes. The bleeder bag will catch the spent brake fluid (paint remover) without dripping on your paint or floor eliminating an undesirable mess. After you have finished bleeding the brake system, you remove the hose from the bag and squeeze the spent fluid into your empty brake fluid can for easy disposal. The bag and hose combo are reusable. The combo is priced at $6.00 and is a good value.

Thanks
Michael Sulwer
Hope this helps...

UPDATE: I just noticed that they now have the SB3824's (Gen 2) bleeders in Stainless Steel ($15.00 each). See here: http://www.speedbleeder.com/News.htm

Last edited by roger; 07-27-2002 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2002 | 09:48 PM
Originally posted by thepawn

Can you just clean them for me? :P
Sure, no problem!!!!
Bring them by

Old 07-28-2002 | 03:18 AM
Originally posted by clonetek
Spike: i will have a helper... no pump that i know of.

phill250sduk: i was told that unless the vehicle came with it stock, the silicon based fluid would eat up the rubber in the system...
i have a piece of hose that i will have running down to a jar with fluid in it, so no air can get back into the line.

LightningDammitt: they have a lifetime warranty for cracking.. not for normal use.. thats what the napa guy told me.

thats why I cracked mine!

Quick Reply: *phew* changed the brake pads...