Lightning

Ran a 14.9 at the track tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002 | 12:57 AM
hi guys, one thing bothers me here. he said the truck felt fine in 1st gear but when it shifts to 2nd it just kinda dies. this is boost related! it happened to mine several times on the shift to 2nd it would dump the boost and when this happened you could still hear it whine and it even showed boost on the guage but it totally lost power. when i was running i ran 8.7s in the 1/8th when this happened i ran a 9.15 mph also fell from at that time 82 mph to mid 70s. i would suggest unplugging the scb to stop the computer from dumping boost. i have had mine unplugged for goin on 20,000 miles with no problems. if u wanna unplug it just to see if that is the problem and if it is then u could get the by pass done if u r worried bout setting a code. but it just sounds to me like yours did the exact same thing mine did way back. also heat kills power with both of these things it could result in that kinda of time. Try That and let me know how it works!!!!!!!! have a good day.

Old 07-23-2002 | 02:56 AM
where do u unplug that at i might want to try that on my 99

Old 07-23-2002 | 08:11 AM
Originally posted by svtmike24
where do u unplug that at i might want to try that on my 99
I did a search for you.........

http://198.65.157.241/forums/showthr...ght=dump+boost

Scroll down for a pic.

Dan

Old 07-23-2002 | 08:32 AM
dan how ya doin there ol timer? long time no talk. i hope u r still running at sdr i hope to be up there in the next month. drop some mail tell me how everything is goin.

Old 07-23-2002 | 08:32 AM
Would uplugging this set any codes? (Should I have to return to the dealer under warrenty for some reason?)

WOT

Old 07-23-2002 | 12:53 PM
it will simply store a code in the computer. no service engine light will ever come on but when u do go back for service at the dealer and they check the cpu a code will be set. just plug it back be4 u go in and they would probably check it clear it and everything will be fine. my dealer knows not to plug mine back in. and they r cool with that.

Old 07-30-2002 | 07:45 PM
SDR

another sidenote about reynolds' track, silver dollar raceway........
IMO i hate it and it sucks royally....they dont take very good care of it and i have never been able to launch there without spinning.......so maybe some of the loss in E.T had to do with a bad 60'........you never did post any numbers off your timeslip......

rusty when are you going back to SDR? i hate the place but i would go and run it if i knew when you are going......

Old 07-30-2002 | 08:12 PM
"Ol timer"--Have you stopped eatin' Pablum yet, you no-drivin', tobaccy-chewin' goober?

It's been at least two months since I've been to SDR. Rain and heat have kept me home. We'll get togeather there soon.

Dan

Old 07-30-2002 | 11:08 PM
PABLUM you r using words out of that ancient dictionary arent you. u know u r supposed to update them there things every once in a while. the heat is horrible i went bout 2 weeks ago and ran a 8.16@85.7mph but an interesting side note my brothers 03 cobra went 8.47 @ 86.3x and it only has a drop in panel kand n filter. that car has the potential to haul so much azz. drop me some mail and we will get together when u r ready of course i will have to work it around my new race schedule. im sure Ron told you about it. for those that dont know im an oval tracker thru and thru! i now am racing a 3/4 scale pro challenge car. it looks like a nascar and of course im running a taurus. ill bring a picture of it next time we meet up.

Old 07-31-2002 | 01:17 AM
Rusty is right

I agree with Rusty, your s/c will still sound normal if the engine is dumping boost. Happened to a kid up the track friday on a 2002. Started dumping boost toward the end of 1st into second and down the track. I believe he ran a high 14 second time. Unplugg the boost dump and see what happens. You should bypass that anyway. Buy a kit and make one. Plenty of posts on it.

Also, if it's a 99, fuel pressure could be an issue. There was a problem with some clamps and lines to the pumps on the 99's.

Quick Reply: Ran a 14.9 at the track tonight