Lightning

Am I gettign the Shaft? X plan purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002 | 02:30 PM
|
Question Am I gettign the Shaft? X plan purchase

It started when I submitted a request for a price quote on the Lightining on the internet and a local dealership called to get me to come in and talk. I stated upfront that I had the X plan and wanted to us it for the Lightning to which he said that would not be a problem. I went in and they gave me a price of $29,200, but they would need to do a dealer trade for the truck. I signed accepting the price for the truck, got my trade-in appraised, and put a $500 deposit for the truck. This is when they started playing games. First they found the truck, then it was $800 more for chrome wheels. I said that I will take it and then all of a sudden the truck was sold to someone else. The 4 other trucks they found were also sold on that same day. They offered to order me a 03 and I agreed. My sales person assured me that it was ordered, a 03 True Blue. After doing further reaserch I found that there will be no True Blue in 03, replaced with Sonic Blue. This got me wondering if they really ordered it. My question is this, is there some way that I can tell that it was ordered? Can I track when it will be built etc.? Also, If the dealership getts a 02 True Blue in buy trading ( not for me, just for dealer stock) do they have to honor the price previously given to me?
Thanks for your help.

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:27 PM
I too left a deposit on an '03L and to the best of my knowledge, the ordering info isn't available to the dealers yet. I was advised by a friend at Ford that the dealers should be receiving ordering codes/info by the end of July with job 1 for '03L's scheduled for the end of October / beginning of November.

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:32 PM
Exclamation

Sounds like they're yanking your chain with the first deal you made. You should have walked out the door then and checked with another dealer.

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:43 PM
Any time they have to get or trade a truck from another dealer it increases the cost, which increases your cost. I used the FORD online thing that allows you to search dealer inventory. It tells you the VIN number and all the options of every option in stock. Just find the truck you want at the other dealer and go for your X-plan there. They will make more money from you than selling it to the other dealer.
Do the chrome wheels after you buy the truck, that's not a FORD option.
Good luck!

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:02 PM
|
Thanks for the advice, I am going to let them order it but get the dark shadow grey. By waiting I can try to sell my trade-in my self and get alittle more money out of it. I have contacted 6 dealerships in the Dallas area and this is the only one willing to sell the Lightning with the X plan. Now that I have their conmitment on the price I will hold them to it. All the other dealerships were asking $3,000+ over sticker.

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 03Lightning
Thanks for the advice, I am going to let them order it but get the dark shadow grey. By waiting I can try to sell my trade-in my self and get alittle more money out of it. I have contacted 6 dealerships in the Dallas area and this is the only one willing to sell the Lightning with the X plan. Now that I have their conmitment on the price I will hold them to it. All the other dealerships were asking $3,000+ over sticker.

03Lightning,

If you don't mind saying, what was the dealership name that gave you the best price?

Thanks,
Rocks

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:29 PM
|
It was Bankston Ford in Frisco TX.

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:47 PM
Thanks again 03Lightning,

I'm getting this itch and I believe I am going to scratch it

I have not been very lucky at finding info on the new 03's. I talked to a fellow at Bankston on the phone a couple of days ago and he told me he did not know for sure when info on them will be available.

If you have a web link or something you found that gives info on 03's, would you mind posting it?

Maybe will be driving two of them bad boys off that lot at the same time.LOL

Rocks

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:50 PM
Old 07-21-2002 | 06:00 PM
Thank You Mrbbqman......

Rocks

Old 07-21-2002 | 07:48 PM
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys sound like hosers to me. When I bought my 02 in May, I essentially bought it over the phone. Last thing I said to the salesman was that if I made the drive to the dealership and the price was off by even $.01, I was out the door. Likewise I didn't expect any "surprise" add-ins like windshield etching or any of the other profit-padding BS they try to pull.

To his credit, the guy was true to his word: out the door in 30 minutes @ $29,031, on X Plan.

As far as "ordering" an '03, I think they're jerking you, too. Call SVT and ask them if they have sent the order forms to the dealerships yet. Hard to order if they don't have a form to fill out. I suspect you're on some "priority" list, according to price. If they can sell it to someone else for more...well, sorry, your name is farther down the list.

Good luck! The prices are out there if you come well-armed and you keep an eye on your BS meter.

Old 07-21-2002 | 08:25 PM
|
Rocks,
I have had the itch for about a year now, my X plan registration expires in January 2003 and I don't want to wait until the last minute.

The sales manager said that Ford was not accepting orders but it is in the system. I still don't trust them so I will keep checking back with the sales manager. The $3,000 X plan savings will go a long way in mods.

Old 07-21-2002 | 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 03Lightning
Rocks,
I have had the itch for about a year now, my X plan registration expires in January 2003 and I don't want to wait until the last minute.

The sales manager said that Ford was not accepting orders but it is in the system. I still don't trust them so I will keep checking back with the sales manager. The $3,000 X plan savings will go a long way in mods.
That's great 03, I'm jealous of the 3k. There is a dealership in Houston that I bought one of our fleet trucks through. I may give him a call and see if he'll call me family for this one.

Good Luck,

Rocks

Quick Reply: Am I gettign the Shaft? X plan purchase